With the explosion of Internet TV, Netflix continues to explore innovative ways to delight an increasing number of members across 190 countries. We offer a unique opportunity for a product leader to help us continue along our quest to expand our membership globally. Part of the challenge is to test and innovate toward finding ways to acquire late adopters across the Americas and Europe and to further accelerate our growth in APAC and developing markets. Another challenge is to further our thinking on approaches to pricing and programmatic marketing. This executive will manage a team of senior directors, and pursue these challenges to solidify Netflix's top spot in video entertainment.
What You Will Do
- Inspire a high performance team to continually come up with novel approaches to how we acquire members while continuing to enhance our brand reputation.
- Lead our thinking around how to evolve pricing and tiering that works best for different countries around the world.
- Oversee Netflix's consumer-facing efforts on partner, payment and customer support integration and innovation.
- Build bridges with leaders around the world to strengthen collaboration with engineering, design, research, marketing and business development.
- Represent product innovation and the acquisition experience on the executive team as we continue to figure out how to expand globally.
- Create an environment that fosters high quality, metrics-driven experimentation and leads to impactful improvements with brand-positive business impact.
- Improve and expand the team by attracting, developing and retaining high performance senior product leaders who excel within a diverse and inclusive environment.
In order to be successful you will be a super-effective professional who is creative, proactive and results-oriented. While this is not a hands-on position, everyone at Netflix is hands-on in many ways so you must be comfortable working on a project-level one-minute and on a strategic, executive-level the next. You should be known for your ability to manage a formidable team, to figure out ways to help them flourish and to bring an additive perspective.
You are comfortable applying qualitative and quantitative research methods along with rigorous A/B testing to arrive at strong hypotheses that will advance the business. You are also adept at balancing a portfolio of bigger and smaller bets across a product team.
As a high-level executive we seek a strong internal and external communicator, someone who can effectively connect with the best of Silicon Valley, Hollywood and, perhaps most importantly, with partners from around the world. A high global IQ is mandatory. We also want a curious individual who is ready to contribute and debate on the strategic issues that Netflix confronts. A strong interest in TV/movie content is a plus. Our goal is opening up Netflix to the vast number of people who enjoy movies and TV shows across every corner or our planet.
Our culture is unique, and we tend to live by our values, so it’s worth learning more about Netflix at https://jobs.netflix.com/culture.