About the job
Marketing I San Francisco or Chicago
If position is eligible for remote employment, it will exclude the following locations: Alaska, Colorado, Hawaii, Iowa, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Marketing team creates world-class content and data-driven marketing solutions that communicates the value of DocuSign’s Agreement Cloud to reach more customers and help them understand the potential impact DocuSign can have on their business. We design creative for a new business campaign. Refine messaging around new product launches. Organize captivating customer events. Develop innovative social media campaigns. Collaborate on playbooks and training with the Sales team. Marketing is the face and voice of DocuSign and plays a key, high-impact role in how we tell our story.
As the Sr. Product Marketing Manager for Manufacturing & Retail, you will help define and execute the strategy for marketing DocuSign’s products to these industries. Success in this role means creating and delivering a comprehensive marketing plan that drives sales and customer success. This includes market segmentation, a deep understanding of customer needs across the buyer’s journey, integrated marketing campaigns, compelling content, partner programs and events, and sales enablement. This is a new role, so we’re looking for a builder that will partner with sales leadership to define a GTM strategy that delivers results for stakeholders across Marketing, Sales, Business Development, Product, and Customer Success teams.
This position is an individual contributor and reports to the Sr. Director of Industry Product Marketing.
- Develop a deep understanding of the manufacturing and retail verticals, including buyer personas, key uses cases, and customer needs
- Own manufacturing and retail vertical insights: stay on top of trends, events, and channels to anticipate customer needs
- Create world-class marketing content for use across different channels – web copy, webinars, field events, sales decks
- Enable the Sales organization to effectively deliver DocuSign’s value proposition to manufacturing and retail customers
- In conjunction with Sales and Marketing, co-develop integrated marketing programs aligned to the customer buying and adoption lifecycles
- In conjunction with Business Development, develop partner co-marketing initiatives
- In collaboration with industry field teams, identify opportunities to accelerate growth within these industries by addressing unmet needs related to agreement processes.
- Define, track and analyze metrics to manage pipeline with sales and marketing partners
- Evangelize our product offerings with customers, partners, analysts, and media
- 8+ years marketing experience, with 2+ years of product marketing experience in the B2B SaaS space
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to create net new content and marketing assets that engage senior (C-Suite) decision makers.
- Track record of leadership and results in a fast-paced work environment
- BA/BS required
- 2+ years experience marketing to the manufacturing or retail industries
- Demonstrated expertise leading cross-functional, large-scale strategic marketing initiatives, working in a matrixed environment.
- Mix of strategy, marketing, sales (direct, partner, e-commerce) and technical skills
- MBA from top tier school or prior strategy consulting experience
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the business and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.