About the job
Who you are
The right person for this role will have ample e-commerce experience, and a track record of working with software developers to define and build new technology and awe-inspiring new experiences for customers. You have to love building stuff and inventing on behalf of customers.
A day in the life
The ideal candidate will have a track record for developing a vision, defining a strategy and building programs and features from the ground up. In this role, the candidate must be able to influence across multiple organizations, be an exceptionally strong communicator and analytical thinker, and have a history of delivering results. This person will have experience delivering customer-facing, physical products that reach millions of users, worldwide. They will have solved complicated problems with elegant, simple solutions.
Who We Are
About the hiring group
Do you love fashion and graphic apparel? Are you inspired by makers, creators, and DIY businesses that are leveraging on-demand product creation? At Merch by Amazon, we print t-shirts (and sweatshirts, and hoodies, and phone cases, and PopSockets). On-demand. For any Amazon customer who orders them. On behalf of thousands of entrepreneurial designers who upload merchandise designs to our site (merch.amazon.com).
Since launching in 2015, we have scaled our business to the US, UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and Japan, across several types of apparel and retail products — and we’re just getting started. We empower content creators of all sizes, from amateur designers to large brands, to scale their merchandise sales globally without the constraints of managing inventory or a supply chain.
- Establish the product vision, goals and key business metrics/indicators (KPIs) for success
- Define customer and product requirements, and clearly communicate and coordinate the requirements to the development team, supply chain, operations, and other stakeholders
- Define and deliver the product development roadmap
- Oversee user interface design, usability testing, customer research, metrics and data analysis, product launch and product marketing
- Work cross-functionally with designers, software development engineers, finance, customer service, legal, and business development on a rapid and iterative product development cycle
- Increase insights on user behavior and pain points. Identify, measure, and improve key customer experience metrics. Promote data-based decision making
- Continually optimize the physical product and feature roadmap and manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, time-to-market, and operational support load.
- Manage bottlenecks, resolve escalations, anticipate and make feature and resource trade-offs, balance the business needs against technical constraints, and maximize business benefit while building great customer experiences
- Customer focused – you are a strong voice on the leadership team and in daily decisions for making the right tradeoffs on behalf of the customer.
- Results oriented – you rally your teams to meet their commitments to each other and to customers. Seeing your teams’ solutions ship, scale and make a measurable impact on customers’ lives fuels you
- Fearless – You build teams that are drawn to take on the hardest problems, navigate ambiguity and are willing to fail in the name of learning what works best
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
- Experience with end to end product delivery
- Excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly websites and customer-facing features.
- Implementation orientation; demonstrated ability to translate strategic differentiators into products and features that launch.
- Track record of launching physical products in addition to digital.
- Demonstrated strength in building trust and driving alignment across a diverse, matrixed set of stakeholders.
- Experience working directly with development teams.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and demonstrated ability to influence others.
- Direct experience managing a P&L.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; proven ability to guide cross-functional teams through influence versus direct management.
Company - Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1571761