Shutterstock is seeking a Sr. Manager, Referral/Growth Marketing to help build out Shutterstock’s first customer facing referral program. This will be a very exciting and innovative role as you’ll have the chance to build this program from the ground up. This person will be responsible for full development and deployment of the program from strategy to operations to data insights and evaluations. We are looking for a Sr. Manager with some past experience in referral marketing programs, in order to hit the ground running and adapt prior learnings to our business model. This role will also be expected to drive up customer lifetime value through touchpoints that create new growth loops across the Shutterstock platform. The manager will be responsible for finding innovative and effective ways to push users to buy more from Shutterstock across our business lines. Part of the growth marketing team, the referral program will follow a data driven approach in terms of testing, evaluation, roll out and optimization. Creative thinking is required as well as collaboration with other team members. This role is based onsite in NYC .
- Support new growth marketing efforts - primarily focused on referral marketing and growth loop initiatives in order to better monetize current customers.
- Core first responsibility will be to build a customer facing referral marketing program.
- Manage referral campaigns - run the operations for all referral campaigns from campaign strategy & planning, to creative tests & implementation, to optimizations, reporting & analysis. The manager will manage end to end operations for MVP referral marketing campaigns.
- Research and analyze customer segments in order to develop personalized user paths.
- Drive new growth marketing tests forward by working collaboratively across channels & functional team lines. Collaborate across internal functional teams and stakeholders.
- Ideate and develop customer growth loops where we drive additional value through existing customers - leverage merchandising slots to push customers to transact further with SSTK by either buying up to larger plans or across asset types.
- Additional responsibility to support growth marketing teammates by creating and executing campaigns in both digital and offline channels - potentially including tests of new media/emerging channels such as podcasting/streaming, addressable TV, OOH, sponsorship, etc.
- Analyze interaction results & revenues to inform a continued, iterative testing model.
- Report out regularly to growth marketing team and larger performance marketing team ideas/results/findings.
- BA or BS in Marketing, Business, Strategy, or related fields. MBA or MS in Marketing, Business or related field is a plus.
- Prior Referral Marketing experience is required
- 5+ years working in a results-driven marketing environment with some experience in either eCommerce or direct response
- 2-3 years direct past buying experience preferred in the traditional digital channels - FB, GDN, DBM/TTD. Additional experience in some non traditional channels would also be preferred - OTT, connected tv, podcast/streaming, sponsorship, and other new/emerging channels.
- Experience working with data to drive marketing insights
- Experience using Website Analytics (Google Analytics, comScore, Omniture, WebTrends, etc.)
- Excellent analytical, quantitative, organizational, negotiation, and prioritization skills
- A diverse marketing background and international display experience is a plus
- Able to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with strong attention to detail, driving projects to completion under deadlines
- Self-directed and enthusiastic team player. Action oriented, ambitious and a go-getter
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK ), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs , vectors , illustrations , videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 1 million contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 297 million images and more than 16 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company’s brands also include Bigstock , a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform ; Offset, a high-end image collection ; PremiumBeat, a curated royalty-free music library; and Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.