Amazon is seeking a talented, self-directed marketing expert to drive awareness, customer adoption and demand generation for Amazon Web Services’ (AWS) key services and business development initiatives. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in an exciting, fast growing business.
The Senior Field Marketing Manager is an integral part of the Americas Field Marketing team who is responsible for delivering programs and will interface directly with the Worldwide Specialist organization.
- Develop field marketing programs and activities that help to drive awareness, education, customer adoption and pipeline acceleration of Database services.
- Develop a deep understanding of the business and build the right marketing plans and programs in support of business and sales stakeholder objectives. Act as primary marketing contact with sales team and leaders, including regular participation in sales team calls, in-person meetings and planning sessions. Key stakeholders will be within the Worldwide Specialist Organization (WWSO) covering the Americas.
- Execute marketing programs designed to meet sales objectives including events, communication tools, demand generation and contact acquisition, frugally executing on marketing plans that allow us to scale to each of our sales regions.
- Leverage global marketing resources to meet sales requirements in each region and find ways to invent and simplify to address sales needs without large budgets.
- Inform regional demand generation planning process with the WWSO priorities to ensure greatest possible success of programs. Ensure target customers & priorities are top of mind in all regional marketing activities.
- Earn trust and maintain strong relationships with Field Marketing, WWSO, Pre-sales, Demand Generation and Solution Architects teams to support their goals, working in conjunction with other marketing leaders and with peers, increasing engagement with marketing and drive program support.
- Willingness to travel and ability to work independently and autonomously.
The right candidate has successful experience in results-driven marketing, specifically global field marketing experience, in both planning and leading teams, an unbridled passion for technology, accountability and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Position may be located in Austin, TX or near any Amazon/AWS U.S. Corp office only. Relocation offered from within the US only to these locations.
- 7+ years experience in a high-tech B2B demand generation or field marketing role.
- Experience in marketing planning, field marketing, event management, product management, account based marketing and/or project management.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or Business or comparable education/experience.
- Experience managing integrated marketing campaigns using tactics that include live events, webinars, digital advertising, and social networking.
- Experience working closely with sales and account teams to develop collaborative marketing plans.
- Track record of developing and managing multiple marketing programs simultaneously.
- Familiarity with the technology sales cycle and how to employ marketing communication strategies to nurture leads, drive adoption and accelerate growth.
- A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility and proven success delivering measurable marketing results.
- Ability to manage time and juggle multiple priorities to execute high quality deliverables.
- Proven knowledge of industry tools preferred, such as SalesForce.com and email marketing tools.
- Proven experience finding creative ways to do more with less, and a track record of staying on budget.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional organization.
- Highly organized, data-driven and detail-oriented.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Interesting in building programs and process.
- Not afraid to try new things – driven to constantly improve results.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with the ability to pivot and problem-solve.
- A strong team player – comfortable and motivated working in a collaborative environment, with the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.