We are looking for a tech-savvy, code-capable Senior Technical Product Marketing Manager with excellent communication skills to join Algolia. You are someone that's excited to build state of the art demos and prototypes, gets excited about great front end UI design and new technologies, and knows how to translate technical product capabilities into business benefits. The role involves ownership and project management of technical marketing initiatives, such as those below, working closely with other members of marketing, product management, engineering, and solutions engineering.
- Build demo experiences and prototypes for multiple devices and industry use cases (eCommerce, Media, Site Search, and Voice), across web, app and mobile. Curate and evolve these assets for use in events, webinars, technical briefings, product launches, training videos and online content. Enrich demo data and flow for compelling storytelling, to showcase how Algolia drives tangible business outcomes.
- Develop subject matter expertise on front end UX design best practice for compelling, consumer grade search experiences, as well as back end indexing and search relevance optimization, incorporating personalization and A/B testing. Capture and curate technical best practice from existing customers to drive thought leadership.
- Develop technical content: Create content to educate developer prospects and customers about our solutions, as well as excite, motivate, and inspire them to use Algolia to build better search experiences.
- Product launches: Work with Product Management and Product Marketing to create easy to understand visualizations (screenshots, short demos, diagrams) of key functionalities to build effective business storytelling.
- 5+ years of product marketing, sales engineering or technical evangelism experience in a software development, SaaS, managed service, or hosted API company, ideally in the platform and/or developer technology space.
- Outstanding written communication skills: the ability to write knowledgeably, clearly and persuasively for a diverse range of audiences.
- Strong affinity for developers as a target market, with a deep understanding of the landscape of tools and technologies developers use to bring products to market, including platform-as-a-service offerings.
- Self-starter who truly enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative software start-up environment.
- Backend/frontend web development. Comfortable with APIs.
NICE TO HAVE
- 2+ years professional experience as a full-stack developer
- Experience with search domain Elastic/Solr
- Familiarity/curiosity with multiple technical domains
- Analytics, A/B testing experience
- Exposure to enterprise business
- Mobile experience background
- Familiarity in relevant verticals E-commerce/SaaS/Media
- Experience at other search-as-a-service companies
- Spoken at tech conferences
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Paid parental leave
- 401(k) match
- Flexible work hours and unlimited time off
- Competitive pay and equity
- Coaching and sponsorship to participate and speak at leading industry conferences
- Fun: we spend time together — team building, socializing and making tools that encourage getting to know teammates across offices and continents.
- Charitable contribution matching
- Unique referral rewards program: refer a candidate, and we’ll donate to your charity of choice
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Catered lunches twice a week
- Team workouts
- Meditation Wednesdays
- Happy hours