Gigamon is the company leading the convergence of network and security operations to help organizations reduce complexity and increase efficiency of their security stack. The Company’s GigaSECURE® Security Delivery Platform is a next generation network packet broker that helps customers make threats more visible across cloud, hybrid and on-premises environments, deploy resources faster and maximize the performance of their security tools. Global 2000 companies and government agencies rely on Gigamon solutions to stop tool sprawl and save costs.
Gigamon is seeking a Sr. Product Marketing Manager to play a vital role in marketing the offerings in our portfolio that increases the efficiency of network based security on premise, in the cloud and in virtualized environments. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Product Marketing, the right candidate must be a team player with demonstrated excellence in articulating benefits of product capabilities to target customers with accurate positioning and simplified messaging. The role requires practical experience executing successful product launches and creating compelling content to fuel sales engagements directly for Gigamon Regional Sales Directors and indirectly with technology, channel and services partners. The experienced candidate should have proven outstanding communication skills (both verbal and written) and relationship building skills with the ability to communicate and influence at multiple levels internally and externally. The candidate would lead initiatives to translate strategy into action with excellent cross-functional project leadership skills, new content creation skills and must have a strong track record of success with new offerings.
The ideal candidate will blend thoughtful execution with strategic insight and be hands-on in building content that fuels marketing programs that are delivered through channel partners and direct sales. A deep product marketing background and experience with messaging and positioning solutions is mandatory, as is a deep understanding of the information security market. Technical prowess is also required – particularly the ability to translate technical features into customer-relevant, value based solutions. The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator and relationship-builder with an outstanding track record of results in creating market success with new solutions. This position requires regular interaction with business development, partner marketing, corporate marketing and sales. This is an individual contributor role.
If you love being at the intersection of Products, Marketing, Sales, Partners and customers, blending innovation and experience to create new business models, and like working in a fast-growing, dynamic organization, then this is the opportunity for you!
- Be responsible for defining and refining the product marketing strategy for both current and future products in the portfolio.
- A major aspect of the role is to author and design external-facing content such as datasheets, videos, white papers, solution briefs, blogs, press articles and other thought-leadership or high-impact assets. (examples will be required)
- Develop go-to-market messaging and strategy for new products in the pipeline
- Perform competitive marketing analysis and quickly deliver succinct “Point of View” assessments to coach the sales field and channel partners. Use learnings from the competitive analysis to communicate / document with clarity the key differentiators in the Gigamon offerings in external marketing messages.
- Adept at understanding highly technical concepts and translating them into simplified market-ready messages that will resonate with Gigamon customers and prospects.
- In collaboration with other peers in the CMO team, support and drive the creation of compelling sales and channel enablement assets conveying the Gigamon message and point-of-view, including: presentations, battle cards, videos, playbooks and promotions.
- Craft content and key messages for major events and tradeshows.
- Provide account-specific support to the global Sales team to strengthen customer relationships and secure new business for Gigamon.
- Develop content and new articles for channel partner and customer newsletters
- Must be able to embrace the “One Gigamon” culture by working as a true cross-functional team player.
Desired Skills And Experience
- Computing/IT/Engineering or technical degree desired. MBA strongly preferred, but a business aptitude – through real-world experience - is essential.
- Overall 15+ years of experience with at least 7+ years in product management / product marketing in the field of security, networking or IT operations, with a mix of experience in both established companies and start-up/challenger environments
- Deep familiarity with current and evolving security technologies, processes and key vendors especially in the areas of network based detection and inline security tools.
- Ability to balance marketing goals with financial objectives
- Experience developing/engaging with online customer communities including social media.
- Ability to articulate fresh and original viewpoints succinctly in blog posts, online avenues and other written publications
- Strong collaboration & persuasive skills, showing ability to influence at multiple levels, gaining support and trust across the organization to achieve business outcomes.
- Excellent communicator with proven ability to clearly convey complex ideas and data in written, presentation and spoken formats to a variety of audiences, including executives, mid-level management, engineers, customers, partners, sales and sales engineers, analysts, journalists and social media.
- Ability to multiplex multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. Must be highly responsive to demands by the sales field, customers and Sr. Management.