About the job
Slack is seeking a highly effective marketer to help build and deliver Slack’s Customer Lifecycle and Engagement Marketing strategy. In this role, you’ll help build the foundation for Enterprise marketing at Slack, and you’ll be an advocate for the journey and needs of our customers.
The ideal candidate has proven experience building data-driven campaigns that delight the customer, generate advocacy, and rally cross-functional teams (Sales, Customer Success, Product Marketing, Field Marketing, Account-Based Marketing, Marketing Operations, Customer Marketing, Executive Programs, Product Management, etc.) to help customers derive more value out of Slack, and drive expansion in target accounts.
They are a constant advocate for the customer, using a variety of insights to understand, document, and evangelize the customer journey. They work tightly with Sales and Customer Success to pilot, build, and scale repeatable, yet customizable programs that help drive product adoption, customer loyalty, and customer retention. They take a creative approach to storytelling to create customizable, actionable content that inspires customers and increases engagement at each stage of the post-sale journey.
The ideal candidate is a master orchestrator and sophisticated marketer, with a rigorous focus on measurement and business impact. They should have a broad enterprise B2B marketing background, with deep understanding of what channels to use, when to use them, and how to measure them.
Last, this person should have extensive history in marketing enterprise technology to large, complex organizations. They should understand the competitive landscape, calibrate targeting across buying groups (IT, Developer, LOB, Executive), and lead with messages that are measurably resonant.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What You Will Be Doing
- Build with us! Help create an enterprise marketing function and discipline as Slack grows
- Own, document, evangelize, and educate around the Slack customer journey; identify key post-sale inflection points and milestones, and create marketing strategies to support customer success at each one
- Strategize, create, and deliver B2B customer engagement campaigns across a suite of channels and tactics (ex. Web, Email/Marketing Automation, Paid Digital, Social, Events, ABM, Through-Sales, etc)
- Partner closely with Sales and Customer Success to create customer-specific content, marketing programs, and mechanisms
- Align with key stakeholders across functions, time zones, and geographies, with a consistent focus on mutually-beneficial outcomes
- Set targets, take a disciplined approach to regular measurement, and report on outcomes to relevant audiences, including Senior Leadership
- Make data-driven recommendations and drive cross-functional improvements to the customer journey
- Establish relationships with the sales organization, ensuring campaign enablement, creation of sales tools, and regular tracking of campaign engagement in top accounts
- See around corners, and take a proactive, partnered approach to overcoming barriers/roadblocks
What You Should Have
- 8+ years of experience developing and executing enterprise B2B customer lifecycle marketing initiatives
- Demonstrated experience working in, with, and across key marketing functions to build and connect the customer experience - AR, PR, Product and Solution Marketing, Content Marketing, Customer Marketing, Field Marketing, Digital Marketing, Executive Programs, Ops, etc.
- Proven analytics expertise, with the strategic and hands-on technical ability to curate data and extra insights around customer behavior using industry-standard analytics tools (ex. Tableau, Looker, Salesforce, Pardot)
- Relationship-minded marketer, with a history of partnering with Sales and Customer Success to create, refine, and measure customer journeys and campaign success
- Journalistic writing skills, with the ability to communicate complex ideas in simple terms
- Passionate about Slack, and our vision for the future of work
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.