Spotify has transformed the way people access and enjoy music. Today, millions of people in 79 countries and territories have access to more than 40 million tracks, whenever and wherever they want. At Spotify, we’re focused on providing the right music experience for every moment.
The Music Marketing team plays a critical role in defining and driving Spotify’s promotional strategy around new and existing content, focused on the holistic music experience. As part of the Music Marketing team you will help build and shape the marketing strategy across new album releases, individual artists and Spotify’s original and programmed content, driving growth of Spotify’s playlist brands, support overarching growth opportunities for the company and strengthen our connection with consumers.
This position requires experience and passion for the music and entertainment industry with a firm pulse on the Country and Nashville music scene at large and its cultural impact. This position will develop global playlist brand strategies aligned to holistic genre plans tied to audience growth, lead artist co-promotion marketing campaigns; driving strategy, campaign planning, execution, production, and delivery of integrated and interconnected brand and artist stories.
This person is a passionate student of music, artists, entertainment, culture, brands, and storytelling, and has experience leading cross functional teams, shaping global brand stories, managing end-to-end processes and workflows and execution across various media channels such as TV, OOH, Mobile, Social, Display, etc.
What You'll Do
- Develop comprehensive, strategic and compelling artist & content marketing campaigns that ladder up to defined Spotify and artist objectives
- Collaborate across the Music Organization, comprising of Music Cultures & Editorial, Artist & Label Services, Live, and Talent Relations to strategize holistic marketing initiatives that delivers upon supporting artist album releases, amplifying live experiences, Above the Line genre campaigns and help to identify key audience growth opportunities
- Serve as marketing lead working closely with the Nashville team to drive end-to-end campaign orchestration from establishing the strategy to brief development, through creative and media execution, to measurement and reporting, ensuring clear communication throughout each step of the process
- Partner with internal and external partners on the larger Content brand, creative and strategic opportunities to grow the Spotify brand, grounded in artist, music, content and culture
- Collaborate with a team of experts across brand, creative, social media, comms, media, analytics and business disciplines responsible for creating and managing the reporting/measuring analytics to optimize content distribution and effectiveness
- Build and share presentations and documents that communicate team and project performance and recommendations to senior stakeholders
- Manage budgets and internal and external resources efficiently
Who You Are
- 7+ years business experience with a lifestyle brand, digital publisher, or agency ideally in roles that were consumer marketing or related experiences in marketing strategy, marketing planning, marketing implementation, digital marketing, consumer servicing, and event execution.
- You possess strong project management skills and have experience managing complex, collaborative projects with multiple stakeholders
- You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and high energy environment and are comfortable with occasional ambiguity and a team player willing to pitch in whenever needed
- You are highly organized and detail-oriented
- You are creative and constantly ideating on how to uniquely bring marketing campaigns to life
- You possess excellent communication and writing skills
- You are an ambitious and diligent worker, a fast learner who is eager to learn and add value to Spotify
- You are proficient at using Google Drive, Excel, and Keynote
- Ability to work under pressure with imminent deadlines and prioritize in real-time
- Strong knowledge of the music industry and cultural trends in the marketplace, with a strong passion/expertise Country music.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It's in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.