Tailwind is a 50+ person, fast-growing, marketing tech company with offices in New York City and Oklahoma City. Our visual marketing software is loved by 100,000s of small businesses, helping them grow through effective digital marketing.
Today, we’re best known for helping members succeed on Instagram and Pinterest, but that’s just the beginning. Our mission is big: Make world-class marketing easy for everyone. And we intend to achieve it.
To help us get there faster, we’re looking for a senior-level Marketing Manager who can bring together marketers to coordinate world-class launches and campaigns that drive serious acquisition.
You’ll Create Impact By
About the role:
- Understanding how our potential customers think, where they hang out, and how they make buying decisions
- Working closely with Product Marketing Managers to understand our products and why people get so excited about them
- Planning marketing campaigns that target the right people with the right message through the right medium at the right time
- Setting stretch goals for acquisition and then thinking creatively about how to hit them
- Organizing the team to work efficiently and effectively together
- Tracking, analyzing, and reporting on performance of market efforts, pushing us to constantly be learning and improving
Why You’ll Love It
- You’d be impacting the lives of small business owners — helping them pursue their dreams and thrive using our marketing platform
- We’re radically collaborative, fiercely anti-political, and intentionally free of silos
- You’ll really come into your own coordinating teammates and budgets to land marketing campaigns that have a serious impact on the future of the company
- You’ll work with an extensive team of world-class marketers and product people who are incredibly transparent, experts in their craft
- You’ll get to make work meaningful for others, helping them to see the impact of their contributions and nurturing them to grow in their craft
- We’re profitable and backed by institutional investors who are in this for the long-run
- You’ll get ownership shares, company-paid insurance with extremely competitive benefits, salary refreshes twice a year with annual bonuses, and flexible work hours
- You have several years planning and executing marketing campaigns, ideally in a tech company.
- You’re an expert digital marketer with a knack for many, or even all, digital marketing channels (e.g. content marketing, email marketing, SEO, paid ads, affiliate marketing, event marketing, social media marketing, partnership marketing)
- You’re happiest as the player/coach who gets to get stuck into solving problems while simultaneously leading others marketers
- You know how to motivate and inspire people
- You’re creative: whether it’s sparkling new copy or a genius new tactic — original ideas are your cherry on top
- You love to check performance against the data, to honestly retro campaigns in order to push learning and growth for yourself and others
- You know how to hold yourself and others accountable. You make sure the team is always working on the most impactful things in the most impactful ways possible
- Process is your thing: You’re highly organized and have no trouble managing complex projects, keeping several workstreams on track, and keeping everyone aligned
- You’re transparent: You ask for help, and you’re always looking for opportunities to give and receive radical candor
Bonus Points For
- A nose for good creative: design literate with a flair for collaborating with designers to create magic
- Experience leading others
- Experience finding and hiring the right talent at the right time
- Proficiency with data analysis tools — business intelligence dashboards like Indicative, Google Analytics, etc.
- Small business expertise — marketing products which specifically focus on serving small to mid-sized businesses
- Experience in the MarTech, ecommerce, or AdTech products or industries
This position can be based in either Oklahoma City or in New York City.
Note: Please don’t talk yourself out of applying if you don’t “check all the boxes.” We support each other’s growth and celebrate our differences at Tailwind. If you’re passionate about world-class product marketing, please apply. We’d love to hear from you.