Our Sales and Marketing teams help companies understand how Seismic can power collaboration internally through the use of content. We’re thoughtful and committed to telling the Seismic story, with the goal to ultimately help brands focus on enabling their go to market teams.
In your role, you’ll be influential in spreading the word about our cutting edge technology and expanding our footprint.
The Senior Director, Product Marketing develop and inspire our product marketing team, influence our overall go-to-market strategy, work cross-functionally with our various teams in driving tightly integrated GTM efforts, guide/drive execution of our messaging/positioning/ thought leadership, influence our product roadmap, showcase our innovation via high impact launches, and play an integral role helping us achieve aggressive growth targets.
Who You Are
- Possess a strong sense of ownership and takes pride in all that you do
- Comfortable in dynamic environments with changing priorities
- Skilled at managing multiple responsibilities while striving to exceed expectations
- Sitting idle drives you bonkers
What You Will Be Doing
You will lead, mentor and develop your team as they tackle all aspects of Product Marketing for Seismic, including:
- Working closely with VP, Product Marketing and cross-functional business partners in defining and evolving our go-to-market strategy.
- Driving product messaging and positioning globally, with an eye toward competitive differentiation across all relevant business categories.
- Informing our overall corporate narrative and the thought leadership themes that we showcase throughout the year to cement our positioning.
- Bringing new and updated products to market, taking the lead on launch strategy, planning, timelines and more to ensure maximum impact.
- Defining our ideal customer profiles across the portfolio, including when it makes sense to upsell and cross-sell them to the next level, and ensuring our sales partners are well equipped (through tools and talk tracks) to win deals.
- Leveraging your deep knowledge of our customers and our competitor set, you’ll provide key input on packaging and pricing decisions for products and solutions sold online and via our global sales organization.
- You’ll collaborate closely with cross-functional partners across our Product, Sales, and Customer Success, as well as with your fellow leaders across Marketing.
- You’ll build strong relationships and provide clear communication across the entire organization.
- You’ll drive team growth and organizational structure and provide leadership and coaching to your team members.
What You Bring To The Team
- Demonstrated excellence in product marketing with 10-15+ years of relevant experience (e.g., across product marketing, top-tier strategy consulting and/ or product management).
- A rich portfolio of prior work that includes first-hand experience across the product marketing spectrum: messaging and positioning, pricing and packaging, competitive analysis and positioning, quantitative and qualitative analysis, product launch management, GTM strategy and sales tool development, leveraging customer and market insights to inform product roadmap, analyst relations, and more.
- A seasoned perspective on appropriate metrics and measurement for the product marketing function: what does success look like and how do we hold teams accountable?
- People-focused leader with proven ability to build creative, collaborative teams; develop people; and link performance to overall business objectives.
- You’ve managed teams of 10+ people and have deep experience as a ‘manager of managers’.
- A track record of delivery on complex projects, using strong organizational skills and ability to influence and work cross-functionally.
- Superb written and oral communication skills. This role demands someone who is in love with the spoken and written word, understanding the power that comes from getting it ‘just right’ both online and offline.
- Exceptional presentation skills and aptitude for public speaking, which you’ll likely be called upon to use as a primary beneficiary of our products and services.
SaaS/ technical product marketing experience required; leadership experience at a public company preferred.
- Strong preference for candidate with MBA from top-tier program.
Seismic, ranked as one of the Best Places to Work by Inc. Magazine, is a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company, and is the recognized category leader in sales enablement. Seismic unites marketing and sales teams in delivering the most compelling stories throughout a buyer’s journey. More than 600 customers rely on the world’s most powerful storytelling platform to connect the right buyer, with the right content, at the right time, every time. Seismic customers such as T. Rowe Price, IBM, American Express, PayPal, Rockwell Automation, and Quest Diagnostics are achieving higher win rates, larger deal sizes, and improved customer retention rates with our solution.
Headquartered in San Diego and with more than 900 employees across the globe, Seismic is privately held and backed by investment firms General Atlantic, JMI Equity, Jackson Square Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price. Seismic also recently expanded its team and product portfolio with the acquisition of Percolate. Our board of directors is composed of several industry luminaries including John Thompson, Chairman of the Board of Directors for Microsoft.
Seismic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Generous PTO, paid holidays, and paid sick leave
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Robust 401(k) fund options with company matching
- Equity within Seismic in the form of stock options
- Catered meals, happy hours, healthy snacks, and coffee bar
- Seismic Cares volunteer program
- #OneSeismic culture that celebrates wins, encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency