About the job
This role reports to Pendo’s VP of revenue marketing, but centers squarely on our performance marketing programs, including digital marketing and growth marketing. Including open recs, the team consists of three digital / performance marketers, two growth / freemium marketers, and the ample budget required to drive revenue to help accelerate Pendo’s rapid growth.
The role operates in partnership with its revenue marketing counterparts -- demand gen, field, events -- as well as cross-functionally with creative / brand, product marketing, and product management (particularly for Freemium efforts). Resources and stakeholders include product management, SDR leadership, finance, business analysts, and data scientists.
The ideal candidate blends meaningful experience in performance marketing, with a deep understanding of the many ways Freemium and product-led growth strategies can help drive not only demand creation, but also enhancements to the entire customer journey, user experience, and brand presence. Pendo’s senior director of growth and performance marketing will understand the nuances that make for compelling and effective marketing.
- Develop and lead our overall performance and growth marketing strategies–– focused on activating and iterating on campaigns to generate qualified leads and strengthen sales pipeline.
- Manage a team of growth marketers; including digital / performance marketing and growth, cultivating a test-and-optimize mindset and culture of continuous improvement.
- Partner with growth marketing and product management to take a holistic view of Pendo’s Freemium product, Freemium product roadmap, and self-guided tours to ensure we’re balancing demand creation with the larger user experience.
- Refine marketing attribution models and continually analyze the effectiveness of all demand-generating marketing channels to determine which efforts to scale or adjust.
- Partner with our business analysts and data scientists to oversee our lead scoring and nurturing programs––optimizing them to expedite opportunity creation, pipeline acceleration, closed-won revenue.
- Expand our digital marketing and growth strategies by working with others across the marketing team to maximize qualified traffic and leads from SEO, paid social, search, content syndication.
- Partner with our demand generation and field teams to support their product- and territory-based programming.
- SaaS industry experience, ideally with understanding of the evolving digital marketing landscape
- Experience owning a cross-team demand generation budget
- Proven track record for developing B2B growth marketing strategies that deliver tangible business results
- Comfortable working closely with executives
- Experience with Salesforce CRM required; experience with Marketo marketing automation is preferred
- Clear, concise communicator with excellent writing skills
- Team player with a “do-er” mentality––mix of large company (operating at scale) and small company (scrappy execution) experiences
- Able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment. Past fast growth startup experience.
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams where everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome all people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Pendo is committed to working with, and providing access and reasonable accommodation to, applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to: email@example.com. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.