Dave is the finance version of David and Goliath taking on the big banks. A financial friend to the millions of Americans who use the app, Dave helps with budgeting, building credit, finding work and accessing money to cover immediate expenses before payday. Instead of mandatory fees, Dave lets users pay what they think is fair through a ‘tip’ based model. Dave users plant a tree for each % tip they leave when taking an advance, resulting in tens of millions of trees planted.
We are choosing to build a quality team vs a large team. You will be a formative part of our company culture moving forward. To that point, we want someone that can take ownership of a project from beginning to end and can do it on their own. We’ll be there to support you but not hold your hand.
Sure, we’ve checked all the boxes you’d expect from a fast-moving startup, but the best thing we can offer you is a supportive environment for learning and opportunities for personal/professional growth.
Dave is seeking an experienced and performance driven Senior Brand Manager to lead and build our cross functional Brand Marketing team to drive the increase of our user base quickly and sustainably. You'll encourage and guide the development and execution of integrated campaigns for Dave while leading a diverse team (Brand, Product Marketing, Social Media, Content, and Partnerships) that develops the strategic vision to grow Dave’s brand awareness.
You’ll be motivated and driven by great outcomes, belief in the power of ideas and be proactive about seeking new information and insights. As part of the marketing leadership team, you must also be passionate about building a fantastic team. You’ll also collaborate with product managers to set a unified vision for Product and Marketing integration.
What You'll Do
- Bring the Dave brand to life- in both big and small ways. Sometimes you’ll ship scrappy projects and iterate quickly. Sometimes you’ll lead more complex projects that involve research, briefs, concepts, creative development, media plans, and measurement
- Grow awareness of the Dave brand across a number of different audiences by developing campaigns across all verticals and coming up with creative ideas to help people better understand Dave
- Partner with Dave’s leadership team to define and drive Dave’s complete brand strategy including, Creative, Product Marketing, Social Media, Content, and Community Management
- Act as Marketing liaison to cross functional teams Product and Operations team helping to push business wide marketing programs
- Measure brand awareness and perception. You’ll build the framework to collect and act on data to evaluate brand work and inform future initiatives
- Develop briefs that encourage our in-house and external creative teams to deliver best in class and compelling and creative
- Act as a team builder and mentor. Hire, train and develop a high-performing team to lead campaign execution, optimization & analysis
- Test and uncover new growth opportunities, best practices and the latest trends in brand marketing that ensure that Dave doesn’t lag behind of its competition
What you'll need:
- Built brands through scrappy micro-ideas. Brand isn’t just about high budget marketing campaigns-it’s about testing small ideas, iterating, and building on them
- 7+ years leading a cross functional marketing team for a leading high growth B2C companyPrior experience collaborating with Creative, Social Media, and Product Marketing teams to unify marketing and product missions
- We’re looking for someone who knows the skills and spirit behind traditional brand marketing, but is innovative and has the desire to reinvent the playbook, too.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to lead strategic discussions and help drive data driven decisions with senior stakeholders
- Enjoys cultivating relationships and aligning teams around a singular vision
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
- Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
- Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and your dependents
- Competitive salary and equity compensation packages
- Generous and flexible PTO
- Catered lunch 3x/week
- Voluntary life insurance plan
- Voluntary worksite benefit plans for accidents, critical illness and hospital indemnity
- Flexible work hours
- 401(k) savings plan
- Central location
- Generous paid parental leave
- 1UP Wednesdays where you can teach or learn something new from a fellow Dave
- An open and fun office space with room for socializing - outside patio, hammock, and basketball hoop
- A collaborative environment with opportunities for learning and growth