About the job
Product Marketing is a highly cross-functional role at Stripe, partnering closely with Product and Engineering, other Marketing teams, Sales, Design, Developer Relations, and Communications to name a few. Different from many other Product Marketing teams, our team works across the entire product lifecycle, from helping shape the product, to driving launch and commercialization, to growing product adoption post-launch. We generate customer insights, drive go-to-market, and design and execute campaigns and experiments to drive growth.
Many of Stripe’s fastest-growing customers—like Lyft, Instacart, Shopify, Notion, or Glossier—started using our platform while they were just starting out. Being the default choice for startups helps us establish a relationship with companies and be a true partner for their growth.
We’re looking for a teammate to help Stripe win and keep all startups on our platform. This role will cut across our portfolio of products and will offer the opportunity to build new programs to meet founder needs at every stage of their company’s lifecycle. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about entrepreneurs and can be entrepreneurial about working with multiple teams at Stripe to design a comprehensive, cohesive journey for founders on the Stripe platform.
In this role, you’ll partner closely with cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize initiatives that help Stripe continue to build the right products and experiences for startup founders, get them onboarded and set up, and expand which products they use over time. You’ll be the voice for the startup founder to the rest of the organization, and use user insights, research, and experimentation to catalyze tasteful optimizations and net-new experiences—from pricing and bundling to content or events. If this sounds like a challenge you’re excited about, we’d love to hear from you.
- Customer oriented. You ground what you do in first-hand customer understanding and the founder journey. You do research, talk to users, and use these insights to inform cross-functional partners and infuse the right content and context in the customer experiences you build
- A team player. Product Marketers collaborate across the Marketing team and with basically every team at Stripe. You are able to work with a range of disciplines to execute on your work. This role is incredibly cross-functional and has mutual dependencies on product and engineering teams
- Organized. You are able to manage highly interdependent, complex projects and keep various workstreams on track. You can be trusted to get things done, move fast, and optimize for iterating based on learnings at every step
- Ambitious. You are eager to make an impact at Stripe. You thrive in a fast-moving, dynamic, hyper-growth environment and are able to operate fluidly between the 30,000-foot strategy level and the micro-detail to get things right
- Passionate about technology and entrepreneurship. You are keen to learn about how things work at startups, what challenges founders face, and are able to explain technical concepts in ways that everyday people (and busy founders) can understand
- Tasteful. You have deep empathy for founders and startup operators and can balance driving growth for Stripe while holding an excellent user experience as your north star
- Work closely with a range of cross-functional teams—product managers, engineering, design, UX research, other marketers—to develop new programs and initiatives to serve the needs of founders on Stripe
- Advocate for our existing and prospective users, be informed about our competitive landscape, and become the go-to expert across the product portfolio on startups to help shape the product roadmap and strategy
- Collaborate closely with teams like Demand Generation, Lifecycle Marketing, VC & Accelerator Partnerships, Product Marketing, and Product teams to create consistency in the campaigns and experiences across different stages of the funnel
- Think globally as we work to expand our solutions around the world, adapting your understanding of local market needs, competitors, and pricing accordingly
- Track the right metrics, analyze data, and deeply understand our customer journeys for startups
We’re Looking For Someone Who Has
- 4-6 years of relevant work experience that can span marketing, product marketing, partnerships, growth marketing, product management, operational roles, or strategy consulting
- At least 1-2 years of marketing or go-to-market experience
- Experience working across self-serve and sold channels
- Experience working with startups, founders, or VCs is preferred but not required
We don’t expect you to have all these things (but the more the merrier!).