Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
At Facebook, we're building the next generation of devices and experiences that make people feel closer together, which we call Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality (AR/VR). The AR/VR organization includes Oculus and Portal products, as well as other hardware; AR and VR software and content; and research and development labs. We are a team of world-class experts developing and shipping products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content.
The AR/VR Product Marketing team is seeking an experienced Product Marketing Manager who can influence how our products are built to put people’s privacy first, and communicate that work to consumers, privacy advocates, regulators, the media, and others. This person will be able to quickly earn the trust of cross-functional partners in Product Management, Marketing, User Research, Sales, Communications, Legal and other teams.
To be successful, the candidate will bring a combination of strategic vision, communication skills, collaborative mindset and hardware and/or software product launch experience, having worked in highly cross-functional, dynamic environments built to move fast, ruthlessly prioritize, and pivot quickly. They will be able to work with a variety of teams to create clear and consistent privacy messaging and resources to support our products, and they should be comfortable supporting the go-to-market launch process, either as the lead or part of a team.
The ideal candidate is someone who has experience in product-related privacy or integrity work. They can use their existing knowledge of the market and new research insights to inform our marketing plans and strategies. Finally, they have a passion for building virtual and augmented reality products and experiences for the next generation of interactive, socially connected consumers.
This role is based in Menlo Park, CA.
- Support teams working on existing and emerging products for AR/VR to ensure we adequately address and communicate the privacy implications of those products and choices offered to consumers.
- In collaboration with other teams, create messaging, Q&As, graphics and other marketing collateral to explain how our products use data and the choices they offer to consumers.
- Work closely with cross-functional partners to identify opportunities and risks for existing and future products, and develop pragmatic solutions or new programs.
- Represent the consumer internally with Product Management and R&D teams in the prioritization, design and development of new products and experiences.
- Use research and insights to inform the product development cycle.
- Identify long-term opportunities and strategic views of product direction related to privacy, based on market assessment, qualitative research and quantitative analysis.
- Build an understanding of the broader AR/VR ecosystem and competitive landscape to identify opportunities to tell our privacy story effectively.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent marketing/communications/policy/privacy experience.
- 5+ years experience in product marketing or a related field.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams, either formally through reporting structure or informally through influence.
- Experience partnering closely with product teams to influence product strategy and roadmaps.
- Combination of strategic product marketing experience and hands-on tactical execution.
- Experience with consumer research and proficiency in using data and insights to inform product strategy.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.