ClassDojo's ultimate goal is to create an education system that gives every child on Earth an education they love. We are doing this by bringing together communities of teachers, children and families, and then helping them get learning experiences their children love. Last school year, we served over 40 million children around the world—with a team of just 45.
As our monetization lead, you'll create and monetize products reaching tens of millions of teachers, children and families, building a global consumer education business. You'll grow ClassDojo to our next major milestone: reach 100 million+ active families, and tens of millions in revenue, while deepening our brand love.
You'll do this by rolling up your sleeves to grow and promote our subscription products, and by exploring other revenue-generating opportunities. You'll work with a team of engineers, product managers, product designers and other cross-functional partners, working together in San Francisco.
Outcomes (12—18 months)
- Drive ClassDojo user base growth through marketing strategies & tactics
- Grow weekly active communicating teachers (WACTs) at accelerating rate (>50-100% yoy), focusing on product viral loops, using and testing growth from owned and paid marketing channels
- Achieve 50% school base penetration, in top international geographies
- Drive retention metrics for teachers, families and students through in product and lifecycle marketing experiences
- Drive brand awareness, preference, and trust with key audiences including teachers, parents, kids, media/influencers (users and non-users)
- Deliver and execute on an integrated brand strategy and brand positioning for ClassDojo including brand book
- Grow brand awareness in key market(s) with priority audiences.
- Advance and land inspiring company narrative amplified by media
- Deliver data-driven target audience definition, segmentation, personas and value propositions.
- Establish and scale high-performing (effective and efficient) teacher/school marketing channels
- Clearly defined high-leverage channel/segment goals, processes, strategies and tactics.
- Full stack consumer marketing experience with good judgment across marketing disciplines. You bring a playbook for how to think/break down problems, rather than a playbook for specific strategies or tactics.
- Experience with multiple channels, in product, email, in-app, push, social, onboarding
- Business operational experience, setting up marketing system
- Bias for gleaning unique consumer insights, empathic understanding of consumers' subconscious jobs-to-be-done/motivations
- Experience discovering and delivering compounding organic growth loops.
- Experience leveraging and growing world-class consumer brands
- Strong grasp of compelling storytelling and persuasion.
- Strong holistic problem-solving sense and good strategic judgment; high-functioning thought partner for head of product and marketing, and CEO
- A builder and doer: works well in resource-constrained, fast-paced environments, rolls up sleeves to get it done.
- Experience growing local networks
- Experience growing consumer products internationally
- 'Saturated intuition' through experience working with families and kids.
ClassDojo's mission is to bring communities together, and help them create an education experience their children love. Founded in 2011 (ImagineK12 / Y Combinator) and based in San Francisco, California, ClassDojo started as a communication app: a simple way for teachers, families, and children to share the magic of the school day through photos, videos, and messages. It creates a close-knit classroom community, and exciting, inspiring and creative classrooms and homes for kids. We're one of the fastest growing education companies of all time, used and loved by tens of millions of teachers, families and children in 90% of K-8 schools in the US, and 180 other countries.
You can read more about our vision to change education from the ground up here: https://medium.com/@samchaudhary/https-medium-com-samchaudhary-how-to-change-education-from-the-ground-up-f82b8f3e4b95.
We believe focused, talented, non-hierarchical teams can achieve a surprising amount: https://blog.ycombinator.com/its-surprising-how-much-small-teams-can-get-done-sam-chaudhary-of-classdojo/. Our team is made up of engineers, designers, and educators from around the world, with deep backgrounds in education, as well as from leading consumer internet organizations like Instagram, Netflix, Dropbox, Uber, Y Combinator and more. We're building a company that will transform education, and one that is the kind of place we've all always wanted to work. We believe you'll do the best work of your life here.
ClassDojo's vision is to give every child on Earth an education they love. We strongly feel the best way to do this is to build a team with diverse backgrounds that reflect the children we serve. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are happy to accommodate any disabilities or special needs. We hire locally in San Francisco, and we also hire distributed teammates around the world.
If you're excited about having an impact in education at massive scale, we'd love to hear from you.