StemExpress is a biotech company that provides medical researchers with blood, cells and tissue to support their research in finding cures and treatments for significant medical conditions.
We are seeking to add a key member to our Commercial Leadership team to manage our life science product portfolio. The Product Marketing Manager serves as a product champion and technical expert for the entire portfolio, which supports research and development through commercialization of life science research products for use in immunology, oncology, disease research as well as cellular and gene therapy. This position supports both customers and internal business partners by answering queries related to the role our products play throughout the drug development process from discovery to commercialization, and utilizes knowledge and experience to improve the operations, efficiency, and proficiency of other departments. The Product Marketing Manager will lend support to sales by focusing on maintaining high customer satisfaction to increase sales revenue, drive marketing strategy and efforts to support new product launches, as well as generate marketing materials for promotion and advertising.
- This position can be done remotely and does not need to be located in the Sacramento, California area.
Who You Are
You are a constant professional with a confident presence who excels in conducting presentations and building relationships with internal and external stakeholders. You developed these skills while working towards your education goal of a bachelor's degree (or above) in human immunology, molecular biology, or similar field. You have worked in the biotechnology marketing space for a least a few years now, so you are proficient in utilizing social media, marketing automation software, and salesforce.com. You are quickly able to understand customer applications and product needs through the lenses of sales channels, direct customer interactions and voice of customer campaigns. These experiences have led you to have expert technical content writing skills that you rely on to write scientific materials such as white-papers and blogs. Most of all, you are looking for a career you can be proud of and know that with StemExpress you will play a key role in accelerating the cure and prevention of significant medical conditions at life-changing speed!
To be successful, a Product Marketing Manager will do the following:
- Maintain and manage current and upcoming products including setting prices in line with company margin targets, organization, and maintenance of product systems and documentation, as well as the development of sales and marketing materials, to support robust sales and advertising activities
- Assist with the management of the product lifecycle strategy with clear goals, initiatives, and roadmaps
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of our target customers and our market space
- Conduct interviews with customers, partners, and prospects to gather general data and detailed feedback for a specific initiative
- Understand StemExpress current offerings and how they can be applied to address specific customer needs
- Identify, evaluate, prioritize, and recommend enhancements and new offerings by gathering and analyzing market research, listening to customers, defining requirements, and rolling out new solutions
- Participate in cross-functional teams, particularly within Sales and Operations, and represent the voice of the customer in the development process with industry and customer expertise
- Provide regular training to our sales team on new products and offerings, as well as selling tools to advance our selling to one that is scientific application based
- Support sales via pre-sale education and post-sale follow-up support where needed
- Assist field sales team in identifying and establishing high-level customer relationships
- Provide and deliver technical training content of new sales representatives or distributors as well as new product training to all relevant staff when requested in alignment with Technical Support & Training Personnel
- Review literature and work in tandem with technical support to maintain and leverage company bibliography citing StemExpress products to help assess needs for new product development, tracking future demand and to support marketing campaigns
- Ability to understand and apply the most relevant scientific and technical knowledge in applications of primary human cells in cell-based assays, drug screening, and research in immunology, stem cell biology, genomics, cell biology, neurosciences, and other scientific fields
- Drive content, strategy and represent StemExpress at relevant industrial conferences
- Up to 20% travel may be required at times for routine customer visits as well as conference attendance
- Comprehensive health insurance package
- Generous 401(K) package with company match after 1 year
- Comprehensive salary plus discretionary bonus program
- Employer-sponsored Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability plans
- Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Account Plans
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holiday Pay
- Company sponsored events i.e. monthly Celebration Days
- Being a part of an organization that prioritizes professional development as a foundation of our culture