Careers that Change Lives
The Minimally Invasive Therapies Group strives to enable earlier diagnosis, better treatment, faster complication-free recovery, and enhanced patient outcomes through less invasive surgical solutions.
SURGICAL INNOVATIONS sets the standard for Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) by creating innovative surgical products and services that focus on obesity and diseases and conditions of the gastrointestinal tract, lung, abdominal wall, pelvic region, and the head and neck.
A Day in the Life
The Product Manager, US Marketing is responsible for the sales growth and income objectives for the assigned area of responsibility, establishing and maintaining relationships with internal and external customers, as well as identifying and executing product marketing initiatives to drive future growth for the Medtronic, Advanced Energy franchise.
- Develop promotional strategies, sales support materials, educational aids, etc. to grow market share to ensure sales excellence.
- Identify, rationalize and execute on business opportunities through new and improved products and product applications, educational programs and customer services by focusing on key opinion leaders, customers, and sales force.
- Works with various internal and external functions to market assigned products within the area of responsibility by providing marketing support. This includes, but is not limited to, market assessments, forecasts, product backorder communications, conference participation and planning, new product/program launches, collateral creation and approval processes, and competitive updates.
- Evaluates opportunities related to current and future needs by gathering customer feedback, monitoring procedural trends, evaluating competitive landscape, reviewing complaints, monitoring prevalent complications and evaluating reimbursement in key procedural areas.
- Support product launch activities across both Advanced Energy and Electrosurgery, as needed. This includes, but is not limited to, content creation, sales education programs, commercialization planning and execution, field communication and sales initiatives, presenting, and forecasting.
- Develops and maintains ongoing relationships with internal and external customers. Includes interaction with the US salesforce and distributor teams, customer service, global marketing, legal, offer development and pricing, R&D, regulatory, marketing communications, quality, logistics, and various customers such as surgeons, nurses, and hospital administration.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 4 years of marketing or sales experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 2 years of marketing or sales experience
- Anticipated travel is approximately 30% travel time (primarily domestic).
Nice to Have
Highly effective written and verbal communication skills,
- Demonstrated prioritization and organizational skills.
- Proficiency with a variety of personal computer software applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Strong understanding of medical marketing and the general hospital buying processes. Experience in product and/or procedural marketing within medical device industry highly preferred.
- Proven skill in creating, writing, and analyzing business/marketing plans, objectives, and strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver product presentations and train employees and customers in applications and use of products.
- Strong analytical skills to analyze and complete sales reports, financial/profitability analysis, project sales forecasts, and quantitative market segmentation models.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with key customers.
- Proven ability to work effectively as a team member must be a strength, including Demonstrated ability to work with cross functional teams including Quality, Regulatory, R&D, Legal, etc.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)