Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
This is an exciting time at Instagram, and understanding people is more important than ever. The Marketing Researcher will be an integral part of the marketing team, and will design, execute and deliver high-impact primary research, both quantitative and qualitative. The ideal candidate will be flexible, agile, and a market research expert with phenomenal analytical and communication skills. In this role, you will work with Product, Product Marketing, Brand, Creative, UX research, Data Science teams. You will influence marketing strategy, campaign development, and measurement across the world.This position is full-time and will be based in Menlo Park, New York City, or San Francisco.
- Design and execute innovative quantitative and qualitative research to support the marketing organization, Instagram and Facebook at large.
- Translate research findings into actionable insights that will have an effect on reaching hundreds of millions of people.
- Communicate effectively in order to motivate people to take action in marketing and across the organization.
- Develop and drive research strategy globally.
- Experience with independently executing full-cycle research from research design to reporting.
- 6+ years of experience with extensive background in quantitative and qualitative research, including hands-on experience in survey/discussion guide and data analysis (weighting, data cleaning, regression, etc.).
- Experience with problem solving and experience moving from blank slate to a well-defined research problem matched with a suitable methodology.
- Experience directing agencies/vendors to deliver results.
- Experience using primary and secondary research to influence executives and colleagues.
- Experience with positioning, messaging development and optimization research.
- Experience with SPSS or R and survey programming tool.
- Experience with campaign effectiveness measurement preferred.
- Experience in a consumer technology company, with a strong understanding of social platforms and mobile ecosystems preferred.
- International Research Experience preferred.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.