About the job
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
As a Marketing Operations Specialist on the Communications Platform Growth team, you will work closely with Product Marketing Managers, analysts, and others to deploy campaigns through Square's owned digital channels (email, in-app, SMS, and more). You will also work closely with internal engineering teams to enable Square's product teams to leverage marketing tools to deliver messages to the right customer, at the right time. You will report to the Marketing Operations Lead.
- Deploy complex multi-message marketing campaigns to global audiences using multiple marketing platforms
- Contribute to process changes and documentation efforts to improve coordination between cross-functional teams and partners
- Protect seller experience and channel health by executing QA processes and guardrails
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define scope, deliverables, resources, plan, and timeline for marketing campaigns across email, in-product messages, push notifications, and more
- 1–3 years of experience in email marketing, campaign management, or digital media/ ad operations
- Excellent attention to detail and project management skills
- A willingness to learn and a commitment to thoughtful problem solving
- Knowledge of technologies and processes involved with marketing automation platforms
- Experience working within a matrix organization with creatives, engineers, analysts, marketing managers, and product teams
- You can make basic HTML edits
- You have experience with A/B testing and experimentation
- You're comfortable writing basic SQL queries and manipulating data in Excel/Looker/Tableau
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.