Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 2 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas — making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
WhatsApp is looking for an experienced consumer marketer who is passionate about building brands and is experienced in developing and executing insights-driven brand and consumer marketing plans that move hearts and minds. In this role, you will be the bridge between the global and local consumer marketing teams, responsible for the development and execution of large-scale campaigns and brand moments across the world working with local teams to ensure local relevance and execution with excellence. This is a foundational role within the WhatsApp global marketing organization, that will play a critical role in the global development of the WhatsApp brand.
The ideal candidate will have strategic consumer marketing experience, developing cross-functional partnerships and running multi-channel campaigns and programs for a high-profile brand, within the CPG or consumer tech industries, or at an integrated creative or media agency. International experience and knowledge about diverse cultural, social and business landscapes is crucial. You will be expected to apply analytical rigor, a deep understanding of consumer and country-level market dynamics, and the right mix of brand and product knowledge to deliver effective marketing plans that truly move the needle.
This role will report to the Global Head of Integrated Marketing.
- Develop and manage a pipeline of global consumer campaigns across media, partnerships, experiential, editorial and creative
- Lead the development of campaigns and go-to-market strategy for our global brand campaigns and tentpole moments - that meets our short and long term business goals
- Inform our overall global brand strategy based on the performance of media, creative and media landscape in key markets
- Partner closely with the teams listed below to identify opportunities and deliver integrated marketing campaigns: Product Marketing, Consumer Insights, Decision Science, Communications, Planning and Media investment, In-house Creative teams, Media and Advertising Agencies, Growth Marketing and Product Management
- Track performance of campaigns to provide data-backed insights to optimize campaigns and find new opportunity areas
- Track and measure campaign success [consumer data and subscription funnel data] with regular quant-driven check-ins with leadership
- Prepare presentations and clearly communicate findings from initiatives to leadership and to the broader organization
- 7+ years of experience in managing and executing large scale consumer campaigns and long-term brand building through a diverse media mix
- Experience driving customer acquisition and revenue growth through the implementation of digital and traditional media strategies
- Experience in leading large multi-million dollar campaigns leadership experience with an understanding of communications and media planning
- Experience developing teams and organizations
- Experience working with media and creative agencies
- Demonstrated experience in building and scaling teams, influencing cross-functional teams
- Knowledge for consumers, with a demonstrated experience utilizing consumer research and data to drive actionable insights to inform marketing strategy and improve the consumer experience
- Experience in leading multiple workstreams in tangent, with demonstrated experience driving compelling consumer narratives and collaborative partnerships with product partners, Creative teams, and other cross-functional teams
- Experience influencing effectively cross-functionally across all levels of management
- Experience managing multiple campaigns at the same time, and working with many different internal and external teams to ensure we are launching our programs seamlessly, and to the highest impact
- A deep understanding of WhatsApp as a global brand and product
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.