Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
At Intercom we firmly believe in the power and importance of creating world-class brand interactions and experiences - big and small - that directly contribute to the success of the business. As the Head of Global Field Marketing, you’ll be at the heart of our field marketing strategy, connecting Intercom to customers and prospects across the globe.
You’ll define region-specific marketing plans across our geographies that supports our sales strategy and goals. You’ll lead a team that meticulously plans, promote, and executes on events and account-based marketing tactics across the world. You’ll ensure tactics are successful in driving account penetration and leads from each region. We want to see enthusiastic candidates with superb organization, fresh ideas, and a knack for online and offline tactics that impact revenue.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Leading a team of field marketers supporting our global sales organization
- Research industry events and marketing/campaign opportunities and evaluate sponsorship based on Intercom’s objectives and target audience
- Organizing and hosting online and in-person events that create net-new sales opportunities, accelerate existing opportunities and deepen our customer relationships
- Manage all aspects of event coordination including: strategy, objectives materials creation, event messaging/marketing, signage, giveaways, contract negotiation, vendor relations, site selection, registration, agenda scheduling, staffing, on-site production and F&B, & logistics
- Defining region-specific marketing plans that support our sales strategy
- Collaborate with regional leadership teams to develop and implement an account-based marketing strategy that combines email marketing, direct mail marketing, and other field marketing channels you see fit
- Assist regional sales teams by increasing local/regional brand awareness and driving leads and MQLs in the region
- Collaborate with marketing team to develop metrics to measure the success of all initiatives
- Track results of all national campaign activity and making recommendations for future activity (KPI’s, budgets/financial returns, ROI, planning, sizing)
- Significant travel required (~40-50% of time)
What skills do I need? 📖
- You have 5+ years of related experience, ideally in field marketing or sales enablement
- You have 3+ years managerial experience, ideally in field marketing or sales enablement
- You have experience implementing integrated campaigns across multiple locations
- You have experience managing budgets and are comfortable with numbers
- You have strong organization skills, leaving no detail untouched
- You have an understanding of the foundations of marketing and how events can play a critical part in moving the business forward
- Your communication skills are out of this world; you are able to clearly and concisely craft messages to internal and external stakeholders.
- You have strong stakeholder management skills and are comfortable managing expectations and keeping teams on track
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!