About Rocket Lawyer
We believe everyone deserves access to simple and affordable legal services.
Founded in 2008, Rocket Lawyer is the largest and most widely used online legal service platform in the world. With offices in North America and Europe, Rocket Lawyer has helped over 20 million people create over 50 million legal documents , and get their legal questions answered.
We are in a unique position to enhance and expand the Rocket Lawyer platform to a scale never seen before in the company’s history, to capture audiences worldwide. We are expanding our team to take on this challenge!
About The Role
Rocket Lawyer is seeking an experienced legal editor to lead our content creation and distribution efforts. You are a sharp-eyed and creative self-starter who has exceptional experience in developing content strategy, editing, and writing while possessing a solid track record of increasing organic traffic, accelerating brand engagement, and driving business growth.
You are a results-oriented content marketer who is passionate about Rocket Lawyer’s mission to make the law affordable and simple. Your forward-thinking vision and ability to inspire and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels across the company will help bring the Rocket Lawyer story to life in various formats. You will roll-up your sleeves to draft and line-edit content, but will also think big picture and leverage data insights to help us grow our brand footprint and engage our audience in new and relevant ways.
- Develop and own the content marketing strategy to increase brand engagement and website traffic.
- Build and refine team infrastructure and processes needed to produce quality content at scale.
- Work with growth, lifecycle, product marketing, PR, and enterprise teams to develop a strategic editorial content calendar for top target audience segments.
- Identify new opportunities for sourcing and creating high-value content in written and multimedia formats.
- Refresh and reformat evergreen legal content as needed to maximize its value and visibility.
- Track and report on content performance and use data insights to analyze and prioritize opportunities.
- Implement a rapid test and learn process and execute optimization with agility.
- Work collaboratively with engineering to enhance content experiences and content management tools.
- 7+ years of experience in editorial and content marketing, preferably within the legal or financial services industry
- Proven ability to write and edit engaging, helpful content in multiple formats (thought leadership, FAQs, customer stories, video scripts, etc.)
- Excellent attention to detail, both for line-editing copy and consistency in style and tone across our content
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and a data-driven, professional business acumen
- Good understanding of SEO and experience leveraging keyword research
- Ability to translate strategy into tactics and put ideas into action, characterized by solid, timely execution
- Experience cultivating a team of writers (internal and external) and coaching non-writers to be better storytellers
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with a demonstrated ability to interpret and leverage data to drive decision-making
- Must be comfortable interfacing with all levels of the organization including the executive team
- Experience with SEO and site analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, preferred
- Comprehensive health plans (including Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for full-time employees)
- Unlimited PTO
- Competitive salary packages
- 401k program
- Life insurance
- Disability benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter/Transit Program
- Your choice of a MAC or PC
- Monthly onsite masseuse sessions
- Weekly Friday catered lunches
- Company sponsored events, both on- and off-site