Andreessen Horowitz (known as "a16z") is a venture capital firm in Silicon Valley, California that backs bold entrepreneurs building the future through technology. We are stage agnostic: We invest in seed to late-stage technology companies, across consumer, enterprise, bio/healthcare, crypto, and fintech. a16z has over $10B in assets under management across multiple funds, including the $1.4B Bio funds, the $865M Crypto funds, and the Cultural Leadership Fund.
We’ve established a team that is defined by respect for the entrepreneur and the entrepreneurial company building process. We’ve invested in companies like Airbnb, Apeel, Coinbase, Figma, Freenome, Instacart, Lyft, Slack, and Stripe. Our team is at the forefront of new technology, helping entrepreneurs and their companies impact and change the world.
The Growth Marketing Partner will be part of the market development team at Andreessen Horowitz. The market development charter is to build a world class network of trusted corporate executives to help serve their transformational needs by making connections to our firm and portfolio companies across the five verticals we invest in including enterprise, consumer, fintech, bio, and crypto.
The Growth Marketing Partner will work with a16z portfolio companies as the go-to-market subject matter expert to help portfolio companies drive towards their ambitious growth goals. A successful candidate will be able to cover a lot of breadth on growth channels, potential strategies, and a playbook of tactics — this might mean thinking about paid marketing for a marketplace startup during one meeting, followed by viral growth for a social app in another. It might mean talking high-level strategy — which channels might work, and in what order? — Followed by getting tactical in another, like brainstorming landing page experiments.
To Join Our Team, You Should Be Excited To
- Build and cultivate long-term relationships
- Provide counsel and advice to the dozens of consumer startups in the portfolio around campaign strategy execution and experimentation
- Strategically build and maintain a network of experts, consultants and agencies and leverage the network to help optimize growth for our portfolio companies. This includes paid marketing and SEO expertises and agencies, but also marketing and growth executives at relevant companies who might advise startups
- Develop workshops and content to create scalable programs to help portfolio startups achieve their growth goals
- BA/BS in marketing, business, or related areas plus a passion around technology
- 6+ years proven experience in growth and digital marketing channels within a consumer company
- Strong growth track record of having developed and run campaign strategy and execution with results
- Experience that spans:
- Paid Marketing (SEM, SEO, CRO, paid/organic social, email, affiliate, influencer and offline planning (direct mail, print, OOH)
- Product driven growth: Landing pages, signup funnel optimization, viral sharing flows
- Lifecycle: Email campaigns, social/community management, promo codes
- Analytical mindset to drive user growth, engagement and conversion
- Solid project management skills: ability to lead and collaborate with cross-functional partners, prioritize high impact activities, and keep complex projects moving forward
- Outstanding written, oral and presentation skills
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, Google Analytics, Mailchimp, Hootsuite or other related marketing tools
- We do only first class business and only in a first class way
- We take a long view of relationships, because we are in the relationship business
- We believe in the future and bet the firm that way
- We are all different, we recognize that, and we win
- We celebrate the good times
- We do it for the team
- We play to win
At a16z we are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. These differences are what enables us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our portfolio companies, and the World.