We believe car buying should be fun, fair, and accessible to everyone. We’ve set out to transform an industry, using technology to bring transparency and convenience to the car buying process.
And we aren’t stopping there. We aim to bring that same transparency and convenience to car ownership too, with payments, maintenance, and insurance in one easy app. At Shift, we’re building the tools that empower people to buy, own, and sell the cars that make life go.
With an IPO and new growth initiatives upcoming, our Director of Growth Marketing is looking to add an analytical and collaborative growth marketing manager. With a small but mighty marketing team, the growth marketing manager will own performance marketing and customer acquisition campaigns that deliver against aggressive pipeline and sales targets. We’re looking for someone with robust experience across multiple performance marketing channels and deep expertise in paid social, display, and third party partnerships. Going public is just the beginning of our journey and our future growth marketing manager will have a tremendous opportunity to impact the future success of Shift!
What You’ll Do
- Build, launch, and optimize the end-to-end campaign strategy, tactics, execution and test/learn efforts to scale digital marketing while focused on driving cost-effective, high quality leads
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams including Brand, Analytics, Data Science, and Product to drive landing page, ad creative, and product feed optimization to improve channel performance and build best-in-class acquisition programs
- Develop and implement testing strategies and roadmap to improve KPIs including creative/copy testing, audience segmentation, ad placements, and retargeting strategy to maximize full-funnel performance.
- Research and leverage growth marketing industry trends and competitive analysis to inform marketing strategy and identify new growth opportunities within each channel that deliver on sales, profitability, and efficiency goals
- Own and report out on performance marketing metrics and derive actionable insights that will inform optimization of paid media strategies
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years hands-on, direct-to-consumer experience on client or agency side developing and managing scalable marketing campaigns across all paid media with an emphasis on social, display, and third party partnerships.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to analyze and synthesize raw data from multiple sources, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations
- Experience working in a fast paced environment delivering results by building strategies and identifying opportunities to scale growth and to increase efficiency through optimizations and testing, meeting /exceeding KPI targets
- Deep familiarity with digital marketing and customer acquisition metrics including CPL, CAC/CPA, CPC, CPM, and ROAS
- Proven track record of executing A/B tests, optimizing campaigns and translating data into insights
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, identify and resolve problems. Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline-driven atmosphere
Our company depends on balance and equality — between buyers and sellers, among employees, and in our relationships with customers.
Our mission to evolve car ownership and transform an industry is a challenging one. It can only be achieved by a team of diverse problem-solvers — engineers, designers, business people — from the same broad demographics as our customers.
Why join now?
We’ve built a small but highly talented team backed by >$275 million in funding from investors like DFJ, Goldman Sachs, BMW, and Nissan. In October 2018 we announced a deep partnership and a $140m round led by the third largest auto retailer in the US, Lithia Motors. With strong product-market fit and a great business in California, the next two years will be focused on scaling the business nationally.
Shift is the Bay Area’s #1 seller of used cars with $150 million in cars sold per year. We’re serving most of California and are gearing up to scale to new markets. With a solid business model and no clear winner in our space yet, this is a hugely exciting time to join the team.
Shift is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.