We are looking for a Manager to help lead subscriber and shop growth at Birchbox. At Birchbox, Marketing serves as a vital role in bringing the customer experience to life: from concepting new features and crafting the details to testing and iterating after launch. We appreciate marketers who think deeply, speak thoughtfully and work collaboratively. The Manager of Growth Marketing will play a key role in leading the acquisition marketing, retention, and e.shop strategy across multiple channels. You will work to create engaging campaigns, collaborating with cross teams to bring everything to life!
What you will do:
Responsible for the strategy, execution, and optimization of Birchbox acquisition, shop campaigns, and retention campaigns across beauty and grooming verticals. Own CRM marketing from ideation to execution, while working with the Growth Marketing Associates to execute and deploy emails according to the email calendar.
- Lead acquisition, shop, and retention monthly briefing process. Work with cross teams to execute on efficient timelines
- Act as day-to-day contact for communication between paid media agency and cross-teams at Birchbox
- Own CRM efforts, responsible for growing subscriber base in conjunction with the team
- Work with the performance marketing agency to create holistic plans across all marketing channels (including paid social, paid search, etc)
- Own Affiliate Marketing program across acquisition and shop. Develop strategy and work with relevant cross teams in order to execute and create thoughtful, relevant offers
- Lead monthly/weekly/daily reporting for all acquisition channels, in conjunction with the performance marketing agency and relevant cross teams
- Act as liaison between the performance marketing agency and relevant cross teams
- Lead strategy for e.shop and subscriber retention in conjunction with the Director of Growth Marketing and necessary cross teams including merchandising and product
- Responsible for copywriting all shop + acquisition assets, mainly email assets and acquisition site assets
- Responsible for the management of any external partners and programs as it relates to acquisition or lead generation
- Jumping in if needed to upload, manage, and report on ads the brand marketing team is running on various marketing channels (ex: TV, Facebook, etc..), and acting as an expert in this area to help other marketing team members by making recommendations on marketing spend and ad optimizations
- 3-4 years of digital marketing experience including Growth Marketing, Email Marketing, or Performance Marketing
- DTC/subscription brand experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or above.
- Highly analytical with experience in conversion tracking within platforms and within Google Analytics, upper funnel metrics analyzation, and marketing attribution
- Direct management experience
- Experience building ads
- Knowledge of CRM platforms, SQL, Google Analytics, Excel. Facebook/Instagram Paid Marketing, Google Ads Marketing, Affiliate Marketing experience is a major plus
- Experience working with creative teams, acting as the business stakeholder—writing briefs, drafting copy, weighing in on creative, and being accountable for the performance of the creative
- Detail-oriented, ability to work cross-functionally and interest in understanding the business is a must
- Must be able to multitask, prioritize work, and manage time efficiently
We started Birchbox in 2010 to redefine the way consumers discover and shop for beauty and grooming. The company quickly grew from an exciting idea to a business that has materially shaped the beauty industry: we’ve activated an enormous group of underserved, untapped consumers, awakening their relationship with beauty by making the experience relevant, easy and fun. Our innovation isn’t the simple concept of delivering a box of samples — it’s understanding that although not everyone is passionate about beauty and grooming, everyone still deserves to have a great experience finding, trying and buying it.
Birchbox operates in four countries, reaching more than 2.5 million active customers with a portfolio of 500 best-in-class prestige brand partners. We have retail locations within select Walgreens stores across the US.