Growth Marketing Lead
PSL is a startup studio and early-stage venture capital fund focused on the next generation of software and service companies based in the Pacific Northwest. We develop ideas with exceptional entrepreneurs from scratch and validate or kill them (ruthlessly). For the best ideas, we invest significant development work and capital to turn these ideas into venture-funded companies with rapid customer and market adoption. See a few exampleshere.
Over 5 years and 27 spinouts, we have developed a successful, systematic approach for validating, launching and scaling great ideas. Our team of engineers, designers, marketers and operators is obsessed with supporting and accelerating the work of uncommonly talented founders.
We are looking for a Growth Marketing Lead to come and validate, build and scale great companies with us. You will work to rapidly advance ideas from their utmost nascency to successful scaled businesses. To do that, you will define and interrogate the hardest questions that these ideas face (you’ll focus on the hard ones first) developing strong customer interest (“product/market pull”), adoption (“product/market fit”) and unique strategies to acquire customers.
In this role, you will work alongside the Pioneer Square Labs team and portfolio company leaders, to devise and implement B2C and B2B growth and measurement strategies. We believe excellent growth marketing strategy and implementation is a key ingredient to successfully scaling new ventures, making this a high-impact position here at Pioneer Square Labs
You are curious, optimistic yet discerning, and highly autonomous. You absolutely love startups.
As our Growth Marketing Lead, a typical day might include the following . . .
- Lead creative strategy for all performance social media, including translation of insights into testable hypotheses, driving prioritization, ensuring best practice adherence, managing design resources, and rollout of world-class creative
- Manage the performance social testing roadmap including incrementality testing and, A/B testing
- Partner with entrepreneurs, using data and testing to inform their critical decision making
Signs this might be a fit
- 5+ years of digital marketing experience with an emphasis on B2b SaaS software
- Passion for presenting data-driven marketing insights with founders or senior executives
- Experience owning end-to-end execution of campaigns: ideating, building, monitoring, optimizing, and measuring campaigns. Demonstrated success and portfolio of examples
- Must be proficient in marketing automation (Hubspot) and understand fundamentals and implementation of SEM, SEO and ABM.
- Direct experience working with experts and service providers to accomplish scale
- You’re a technical marketer with deep experience driving significant acquisition goals across many channels
- Personal skills or deep appreciation for visual and content design (ads, pages, sites, presentations...) - data driven storytelling for customers, founders, investors...
- Productizing your process into repeatable “playbooks” or actual software based solutions (hacker)
- Deep interest in emerging marketing and growth tactics and communities (e.g. PLG)
- You worked in an early-stage startup or development agency in a marketing leadership role
- A “roll up your sleeves” mentality and the ability to implement proposed strategies
- Tremendous energy and drive for success
We are an equal opportunity employer and highly value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.