The Field Marketing Manager is responsible for optimizing marketing programs to convert target accounts into leads and advance existing opportunities for the sales team. This role works closely with Revenue team leadership and Account Executives to create territory-based marketing plans that leverage and extend marketing initiatives and implement local tactics as needed. They are responsible for leading all event marketing plans, logistics, project deliverables, activities and marketing communications for a series of diverse in-person and digital events throughout the year. The Field Marketing Manager works in close partnership with the SDR Manager to ensure marketing leads are routed efficiently to sales and followed up on in a timely manner to increase conversion rates.
- Conduct deep territory analysis (target accounts, competitive landscape, demo requests, historical pipeline & revenue, install base, geo clusters, industries etc.).
- Leverage gained insight to build and recommended territory-based marketing plans for each Account Executive providing a time frame for input prior to finalizing plans.
- Use qualitative and quantitative measures to assess regional and market-specific opportunities for marketing to support lead generation and sales pipeline development; activities may include events, customer references, local ABM campaigns, proposals, or briefing documents.
- Orchestrate and lead ongoing territory check-ins with Account Executives to ensure territory marketing plans remain on track and to discuss upcoming marketing activities.
- Recommend TraceGains event strategy and approach for each fiscal year based upon previous year tracked performance and research.
- Research, choose, design and manage live and digital events to be included as tactics in the overall marketing mix, and ensure there is a cohesive pre-event, at-event and post-event strategy to increase engagement and response rates.
- Develop the overall strategy, messaging, pre/post tactics (tie to larger integrated marketing campaigns when possible), and branding for each event in collaboration with the sales and marketing teams, ensuring it supports larger corporate marketing strategy and sales goals.
- Manage and execute trade show sponsorship opportunities, presentations, and promotions intended to maximize company exposure and produce sales leads.
- Research and recommend future events for sales and marketing opportunities and provide recommendations to management regarding trade show selection.
- Review and track invoices and expenditures (e.g., cost of show services, vendors, booth space, shipping, equipment, etc.).
- Work with Product Marketing to ensure distribution of (sometimes printed). collateral and promotional materials such as case studies, data sheets, or giveaways to our local sales teams or whenever needed for campaigns.
- Responsible for project management, production, and facilitation of the TraceGains webinar program to drive attendance and lead generation.
- Act as live and behind the scenes moderator for all webinars to create a captivating user experience that includes updating preamble slides, acting as technical support throughout the webinar, managing the engagement tools, and hosting the webinar when needed.
- Secure speakers, manage presentation creation, collect content from guest speakers, collaborate internally with Product Marketing and /or Sales to create a compelling TraceGains presentation.
- Support partner marketing initiatives as needed.
- Maintain and manage marketing calendar in partnership with marketing colleagues.
- Responsible for reporting field marketing and event results on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis, including ROI.
- Manage budget to within +/- 3%.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Achieve 30% YOY Revenue Growth
- Return on Marketing Investment (ROMI) 12:1
- Event Registration and Attendance Targets
- MQL to SQL conversion rate
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field; MBA a plus
- 5 to 7 years of relevant B2B marketing experience with a focus on demand generation or field marketing
- Strong project management skills and experience managing cross-functional teams, owning the success or failure of marketing programs.
- Strong understanding of B2B business dynamics especially SaaS including the sales cycle, marketing operations, and the systems that support these functions
- Experience and results in using marketing automation (HubSpot), CRM (SFDC), and ABM tools to generate qualified leads
- Demonstrated success in Account Based Marketing (ABM)
- Experience with multi-channel marketing, including multi-touch marketing automation-based campaigns
- Experience with executing target audience segmentation strategies
- Knowledge and experience with complex digital marketing campaigns
- Knowledgeable of concepts including buyer’s cycle management, and persona-based content development
- Ability to analyze and present qualitative and quantitative marketing results
- Ability to be a positive team player, willing to grow and change.
Why you’ll want to join us:
TraceGains is a rapidly growing software company, delivering cloud-based New Product Development (NPD) and quality management solutions for food, beverage, and dietary supplement companies. At the heart of TraceGains is an advanced network platform that digitalizes documentation, automates workflows, and streamlines processes. With instant information sharing and visibility throughout the supply chain, companies can grow their businesses without adding resources.
TraceGains provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Plus, we offer great benefits, including:
- 100% paid for health, dental, life insurance, AD&D, LTD, and STD coverageOther insurance offered: Vision, additional voluntary life, supplemental (accident, hospital & indemnity, and hospital) coverage
- Flexible paid time off available on your date of hire
- A 401(k) plan for saving for your future
- Competitive compensation
- A casual business atmosphere
- Free on-site gym (CO only)
- Advancement opportunities and promoting from within
- A kitchen stocked with snacks, coffee, and more!