CEOs everywhere are digital leaders now, whether they are ready or not. What was once run and grow the business, is now run and respond.
In a world where we must now all be ready to work-from-home and lead-from-home, WorkBoard’s Enterprise Results Platform enables high-growth, and high-scale companies to align on outcomes, measure results, coordinate actions, and better manager meetings. Its OKR and WFH coaching services and certification program drive fast success for our customers. Comcast, Microsoft, Cisco, Workday, Zuora, Seismic, Cision, Malwarebytes, McKesson, Samsung, and many others rely on WorkBoard to drive their business forward. a16z, GGV capital, M12 (formerly Microsoft Ventures), and Workday Ventures are key investors.
As Director of Product Marketing, you’ll be our first dedicated role and a key player in driving category leadership and conveying our insights to build on that leadership. You’ll own positioning and driving preference for our platform by delivering stellar materials and insights to our sales, customer success and dev teams and to external stakeholders in the analyst, media and influencer communities.
You’ll gain deep insights by engaging with customers directly to help them understand the value of the platform and learning directly from them how we can provide the highest value. You’ll be an expert to and enable the sales team to be growth advisors to customers and most incredibly effective at communicating value. Just as importantly, you’ll guide our customer success team to be long-term growth coaches to customers, increasing the business results they realize from the platform over time.
Your work will also include collaborating with the leadership team to identify new market and product opportunities for the platform, prioritize industry segment investments and develop global expansion plans.
You’ll join one of the smartest go-to-market leadership teams ever assembled to build and amplify product marketing. We are remarkably engaged with our customers, so you’ll have immediate access to their insights and voices. Everyone on the team is striving to improve the value and quality of experience we provide customers by delivering at our best and being voracious learners. We are an incredibly supportive team, with powerhouse creative and production team members who quickly bring marketing ideas to life.
We are excited about a lot of things—what “best” looks like for our customers, what “breakthrough” looks like in product—and we share these passions across the company and with our customers. We host hackathons with customers, which they affectionately named WoBoCon!
You’ll Initially Be An Individual Contributor And Skilled And Super Effective At
Bring 5-7 years of increasing product marketing experience and expertise in SaaS business applications, an entrepreneur’s mindset, and a relevant degree from a great school. MBA and leadership experience preferred.
- Articulating product value to enterprise buyers and customers before, during and after they purchase our solution in any medium
- Enabling fast-growth sales teams on how to engage buyers and earn their trust and business
- Understanding buyers’ alternatives, how those will unfold over the coming year and how to address objections
- Delivering sales tools that the sales team loves and uses every day
- Positioning the product for external stakeholders
- Partnering with peer teams across sales, growth, professional services, customer success and development to build a company that is great in our customers’ eyes
- Understanding and engaging on the needs and agenda of P&L leaders in large enterprise
Within One Month, You’ll
- Attend new-hire immersion training to build a deep understanding of our buyers, their pain points, our solution offering and how we work well as a team.
- Meet with Growth, Sales, Product Management, Engineering and Customer Success teams to learn more about our solution, go to market and roadmap and their needs from Product Marketing
- Meet with 5 customers and shadow 8 sales calls to inform yourself on customer needs, market dynamics and persona profiles
- Have read all of the existing sales and success/services assets and be a daily user of WorkBoard yourself
- Be able to articulate the value, benefits and relevance of our platform easily and effectively
Within Three Months, You’ll
- Develop and deliver product marketing assets relevant to new and existing customers as a partner with the growth team
- Take ownership of sales enablement and sales tools, working closely with the head of sales and our CEO
- Refresh the persona profiles for 3 constituencies and map the sales process and assets for them
- Deliver product and solution content for the website across the 3 constituencies
- Evangelize the solution in speaking engagements, webinars, customer calls and analyst briefings
- Spend 30% of your time externally with customers and analysts on sales calls
Within Six Months, You’ll
- Build/update a library of product marketing core assets related to buyers, competitors, and customer stories
- Be the foremost authority on our buyers in the company and contribute to strategic product direction decisions at the executive level.
- Build the pitch decks and customer communications to support our renewals and upsell team
- Be the first person in the company the sales team goes to for messaging, competitive input and win strategies
- Have two dozen executive and chief of staff customer relationships that you can tap for insights, references, case studies and thought partnership any time
- Increase our close rate by 10% in target segments
- Implement a pricing strategy for new offerings
- Partner with AEs and CS by spending 30% of your time engaged with prospective and existing customers earning and expanding business.
OUR VALUES - WE LIVE BY THE 4 Hs
Humble experts ~ Hungry for the opportunity ~ Intellectually honest ~ Operating as one happy team
a Few Of Our Awesome Benefits
- Goodies onsite
- Unlimited PTO & sick days
- Paid holidays
- Health insurance
- 401K with employer matching
- Quarterly All-Hands Meetings where we come together in Redwood City, CA to learn AND play
- And much more!
THE WORKBOARD STORY
WorkBoard provides a powerful, modern results platform to help companies achieve their growth plans. Unlike most enterprise software, our solution is important to every employee, so we strive to set the high bar for capabilities that delight and enable everyone to be more successful at work. WorkBoard is strategic to companies and personally relevant to the people that work in them.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates learning, diversity and inclusion. If you’re hungry to grow your skills while growing a company, your sense of urgency matches the size of our market opportunity, and you value and enable team mates’ contributions, then come join us!