Workera.ai (a deeplearning.ai company) is building the most reliable assessment of human capabilities, starting with artificial intelligence skills. To date, we’ve evaluated 500,000+ skills across tens of thousands of individuals representing more than 1,000 companies and universities. People evaluate their job competencies with AI-powered assessments and find their career pathways. We help companies and users find personalized feedback, skills benchmarks in academia and industry, and educational materials to achieve their career goals.
We work to build a meritocratic world where everyone has the opportunity to achieve their fullest career potential.
We’re looking for a Director of Marketing & Communications to own marketing and communications at Workera, and impact one of the largest AI/developer communities in the world. In this role, you will lay the foundation for our marketing efforts. You’ll optimize our digital marketing operations and own all of our marketing channels (email, search, social, and others). You’ll be responsible for developing and executing data-driven digital marketing campaigns, with an emphasis on content marketing. As an early member of a growing startup, you will play a strategically important role in shaping the direction and vision of our brand and have lots of growth opportunities.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Lead B2C community engagement. Execute content marketing strategies and develop key messaging that resonates with target audiences.
- Lead brand development and product marketing. Manage both brand and product marketing strategies as one cohesive effort (building brand awareness and equity among our community with events and partnerships as well as launching new products effectively).
- Create campaigns that efficiently achieve business goals within a budget and timeframe. Analyze marketing data regularly to provide actionable business insights, segment, and personalize messaging for our target audiences and evaluate the ROI of marketing tactics.
- Participate in the company leadership team, and provide oversight to the company. You will be part of the Workera leadership team and have broad visibility into Workera. In this role, you will be responsible for helping to provide leadership for Workera as a whole and assist with spotting problems and opportunities, help drive cross-functional alignment and develop any solutions for the company as a whole. As part of the leadership, you are also broadly empowered to come up with novel ideas and programs, focusing on Marketing but potentially extending to other functions as well.
- (Optional) Drive keyword discovery, competitive research, and web page optimization using SEO best practices and platforms such as Google Search Console, Google Analytics, Moz/SEMRush, and A/B testing platforms.
Here are the skills you should have:
- Experience growing and engaging with an online/B2C community. Bonus if you have experience with developer communities.
- Experience developing search and content marketing campaigns from concept through execution, including ownership of driving key business results
- Direct experience with leveraging marketing automation tools to execute successful data-driven growth campaigns.
- Demonstrated ability to use consumer insights to develop and execute memorable marketing campaigns.
- Proven ability to develop meaningful growth metrics and lead marketing campaigns end-to-end, from planning to execution, to reach those results.
- Experience developing strategies for 2-3 marketing channels in parallel, and gauging the success and go-forward strategy for each channel based on performance metrics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with B2B lead generation is preferred but not required.
We hope you will fit well with our team’s culture:
- Strong work ethic. All of us believe in our work’s ability to change human lives, and consequently, work not just smart, but also hard.
- Growth mindset. We are eager to teach you new skills and invest in your continual development. But learning is hard work, so this is something we hope you’ll want to do.
- Good team player. We care and watch out for each other. We’re humble individually and go after big goals together.
- Flexibility. You should be flexible in your tasks and do whatever is needed, ranging from lower-level tasks like user research to high-level marketing strategy.
At Workera we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Workera believes that diversity and inclusion among our employees are critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Selection for employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
This position is based in Palo Alto, CA, or remote within the US. You must already have, or be able to obtain, authorization to work in the United States.
What you can get by working with us:
- Being part of a world-class technical team that’s trying to change the world.
- Working across cultural and geographical lines alongside our offices in different parts of the world.
- Ability to shape the entire marketing system of a brand from the ground up.
- A culture of life-long learning supported with a monthly stipend for professional development.
What we offer:
- Workera offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, a monthly education stipend, flexible PTO, and much more.