About the job
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people's lives with the world's best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft is seeking a talented and energetic Director to join our Corporate Development team to help design our corporate development strategy and identify, evaluate and execute mergers and acquisitions, investments, and strategic partnerships This person will partner closely with executives and leaders across the company, helping to develop Lyft's long term strategies and have significant impact on the company and its future. They will be able to communicate decisions and thought-process clearly to stakeholders, and run significant corporate development projects and transactions end-to-end all while keeping the mission and values of Lyft at the forefront.
Our Corporate Development team is smart, curious and loves solving difficult challenges. This person will have a track record of successfully owning corporate development projects and transactions from end-to-end.
- Own the M&A process end-to-end, including opportunity assessment, landscape analysis, sourcing, business case development, valuation and financial modeling, leading due diligence processes, deal negotiation and integration planning.
- Partner with business and product teams on strategy development, competitive landscape analyses, assessment of M&A opportunities and build/buy/partner evaluations, and building internal and external consensus.
- Collaborate closely with legal, finance/accounting, product, engineering and executive teams to evaluate and execute on deals.
- Communicate effectively with Lyft's executive team, board and cross-functional stakeholders regarding acquisition & investment opportunities, outlining potential risks along with unique perspectives and insightful analysis.
- Create and evolve M&A related processes and playbooks in order to develop best practices and improve efficiency & measurability.
- Be a subject matter expert on our industry, adjacent spaces and relevant other companies while cultivating a strong network of startups, founders, senior executives across relevant industries.
- 8+ years of experience in corporate development, investment banking, or private equity, with at least 3 years leading M&A deals end-to-end, preferably at a technology company.
- MBA or JD from a top academic institution a plus
- Excellent financial modeling and valuation skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and execute effectively while thinking creatively and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong executive and boardroom presence and are comfortable talking to stakeholders with conviction
- Experience building and managing teams, with a demonstrated dedication to growth & development.
- Proactive self-starter that works collaboratively in a team-first, low-ego environment.
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.