The Calix Director, Content Marketing role is focused on helping Calix create and enhance thought leadership in the communications industry. We are looking for a world-class communicator, storyteller, and strategic thinker that systematically can turn new ideas and concepts into effective marketing pieces across multiple vehicles, and keep existing content organized and fresh. Working with a team of subject matter experts, you will be systematizing the development of high value content, working with cross functional teams to ensure smooth implementation of it across optimal channels, and helping them to organize and keep it up to date.
This position is meant to work closely with product and field marketing to aid in the creation and strategic dissemination of world class content. This role will engage with the teams to identify great content ideas to be leveraged across multiple vehicles – traditional (white paper, case study, etc.), social (blog, LinkedIN, Twitter, etc.), video (scripts), web, and new vehicles (newsletters, social videos, ebooks, etc.) – and turn them into assets that can be broadly leveraged. This will include writing, editing, and helping to improve all content created, managing third-party copyrighters and video producers assisting with content development, and organizing and classifying existing content. Throughout the creation process, you will work closely with campaign and event management, PR and social media management, and web management colleagues to coordinate and deliver content optimally suited for the media over which it will be delivered.
Our ideal candidate is a creative marketing professional, preferably with a writing and content management background. You should embrace a player-coach role to educate the team on content best practices, while also creating engaging content on your own to attract, educate, and motivate customers and prospects. You should be a great writer and creative storyteller who can effectively communicate what matters most to key personas. You should be goal oriented and metrics focused with an eye towards optimizing content for lead conversion. For this position, it will be essential to be up-to-date with new technologies and marketing trends. Ultimately, you should be able to expand our company’s thought leadership and brand awareness, and ensure that content can be easily consumed and accessed.
- Lead the adoption of content marketing best practices and proven strategies across the marketing organization
- Partner with demand generation team to build and evolve content marketing plans to achieve identified goals across multiple campaigns
- Collaborate with writers, design resources, video producers, and product marketing to produce high quality content
- Develop, manage, and maintain an editorial calendar, delegate tasks, and ensure deadlines are met
- Create and implement framework for planning, writing, editing, and producing content, including management of corporate style guide and document templates
- Deliver engaging content on a regular basis and coach and inspire team members to do the same
- Manage all deliverables related to the Calix Blog, including publishing posts multiple times a week
- Edit, proofread, and improve content from all internal and external content creators
- Develop best practices and optimize content considering SEO and Google Analytics
- Analyze web traffic metrics to determine content consumption trends
- Share content through various channels, ensuring strong web presence
- Receive customer feedback and generate ideas to increase customer engagement
- Coordinate projects and budgets for external copywriters
- Organize, audit, and update existing content
- Proven work experience as a Content marketing manager, journalist, PR, or management consulting
- 8-10 years of experience in technology, software, and/or telecom
- Proficiency in MS Office and Content Management Software
- Understanding of web and social media publishing requirements
- Editorial mindset with an ability to predict audience preferences
- Hands on experience with SEO and web traffic metrics
- Expertise in social media platforms
- Project management skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English
- BSc degree in Marketing, Journalism, or relevant field
- Demonstrated passion for clear, concise, and thought-provoking content
- Location: Remote (US or Canada)
- Experience with Adobe AEM platform a plus
- Experience with Salesforce, enterprise e-commerce platforms. identity management, customer communities, and social media.
- Remote-based position in the US or Canada
Posted Today Full time R-5888
Building platforms that connect everyone and everything is more than our mission - it’s our inspiration. At Calix we build solutions that connect the world. However, creating networks of the future require more than breakthrough technologies , it requires the outstanding individuals who make this possible. Every day we embrace a challenger-mindset and show up with a purpose to inspire our peers and our customers to achieve things that haven’t been done before. From California to China you’ll find creative colleagues who are clear on their roles and committed to creating value for our customers, our company, and each other.
To learn more, visit the Calix web site at www.calix.com
If you are a person with a disability needing assistance with the application process please email email@example.com or call (408) 514-3000 .
Calix is a Drug Free Workplace.