Vonage Sales Mission
We strive to innovate and enhance our customers' ability to communicate within today's digital, cloud and real-time business environment.Our sales team is composed of highly-motivated, energetic and customer-focused Team Members that expand existing accounts/channels and find new clients for company products and services.
Why this job Matters
The Business Development Vice President primary responsibility is to assist and facilitate the growth of the Applications business in key technology partnerships. The BDD will build the OneVonage market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships that allow Vonage to leverage all of its assets across multiple markets and channels. The BDD will also work with the cross functional organization including sales, marketing, product, finance and technical teams to create a market-leading suite of products, services, and partners. This position is an individual contributor role and reports to the VP of Business Development.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU KEEP READING...
What You Will Do
- Work with management team to develop and implement strategic plans to support the growth of the individual business lines as well as overall company growth & targets.
- Identify and propose business deals by engaging potential partners, evaluating new markets and competitive advantages, researching industry trends, sourcing competitive research, and developing recommendations.
- Evaluate and develop negotiating strategies, integration approaches, deal requirements, financial implications, prioritization justifications and internal stakeholder support.
- Close new business deals by successfully negotiating contracts, coordinating requirements, and overseeing launch activities.
- Define go-to-market strategies and priorities for key strategic alliances, serving as the day-to-day partner relationship manager
- Formulate detailed action plans to drive execution based on thoughtful strategic and financial benefits as well as feasibility constraint
- Represent our joint products and solutions with executives, customers, partners, analysts, and media as a thought-leader and subject matter expert, including at field marketing events
- Develop playbooks to scale programs across partners
- Define joint value propositions, sources of differentiation, messaging, positioning and in some cases packaging and pricing with ecosystem partners
- Implement a strategic rollout plan from signed contract through integration and ongoing education involving all stakeholders.
- Execute on plans, tracking and showing success metrics for each partner, including overall adoption/penetration results
- Protects the organization & enterprise value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
What You'll Bring
- Thorough knowledge of SaaS, CX, and cloud communications marketplace
- Ability to quickly understand complex issues and develop/apply simplifying frameworks to facilitate broader organizational understanding, decision-making and action.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to operate as a ‘start up’ within a forward-looking technology company with the ability to make an immediate impact
- Ability to analyze and synthesize data for useful reporting and market analysis.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal oversight.
- Self-motivation, ability to radiate enthusiasm and work under high pressure.
What's Required Of You
- 8+ years of past performance in Business Development, with a winning track record of meeting or exceeding performance targets in high growth technologies.
- Experience working in a collaborative environment including product, marketing, business, sales, and technical personnel across varying functional areas.
- Experience working with external companies, executives and constituents of all levels while demonstrating team leadership skills in settings where team members are not direct reports.
- Knowledge and experience in Cloud CRM, advantageous
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred.
What's In It For You
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.