Shopify is on a mission to make commerce better for everyone. We’ve raised the standard for how businesses of all sizes operate, market, and sell their products and services. With over 1 million merchants in more than 175 different countries, we continue to grow while looking for innovative ways to make entrepreneurs everywhere more successful.
Shopify is now permanently remote, and we’re working towards a future that is digital by design. That location you see above? Consider it merely an example of hundreds of potential locations across North America where Shopify is hiring. Learn more here: https://www.shopify.com/careers/work-anywhere.
As the Demand Generation Manager, you will work within our Performance Marketing Partnerships team to build a world-class SaaS affiliate program to support our goal of increasing awareness for Shopify and driving acquisition through referral marketing partners. You'll be responsible for driving full-funnel channel growth, maintaining a roadmap of initiatives aimed at driving new merchant growth, conducting market development research, and developing new initiatives and growth experiments that produce measurable outcomes.
- Help define a global strategy for driving affiliate program growth.
- Develop and manage holistic global language coverage and growth strategy via referral partners.
- Lead a team of growth specialists in creating a program of high potential and high performing partners.
- Provide coaching opportunities to help the team meet their growth objectives and intended outcomes.
- Support experimentation and testing of new growth opportunities and initiatives.
- Understand the business models, needs and motivations of the top performing affiliate partners across all regions and types.
- Track and report on partner needs, gaps and opportunities to drive referral growth.
- Support the development of split tests where the affiliate referral funnel can yield higher conversion rates.
- Explore opportunities to sponsor the development of new courses or content activations, evaluating the potential based on merchant add growth relative to cost.
- Report on monthly affiliate performance, targets and trend data, sharing key insights with the senior leadership team.
- Identify market analyses to develop opportunities that will strengthen Shopify’s foothold as the top referred commerce program.
- Drive strategic investment in the future state of the channel.
- 7 years of performance marketing
- Experience leading a SaaS affiliate channel with a proven track record driving growth
- Experience building, growing and leading a high performance team
- Direct experience driving growth through experimentation and analysis
- Experience working with cross functional growth teams like paid channels, lifecycle marketing, developers, engineers, designers, and data scientists
- A background in digital marketing including performance marketing, influencer and affiliate marketing, and customer acquisition marketing
- Experience developing performance reports using analytics tools like Mode
- Experience using Impact Radius
- The ability to think strategically and develop comprehensive, data-driven marketing plans
- Self-driven with a high degree of ownership and have strong business acumen, excellent communication skills, and planning/project management skills.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and have a demonstrated capacity to balance speed and quality.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time.