What You'll Do
As the Director of Competitive Product Marketing and go-to-market (GTM) you will be responsible for the competitive positioning, research, analyst engagement, influencer engagement, and field and partner readiness for Webex. You will partner across company to orchestrate our efforts to help our customers win with Webex.
You and your team will define the blueprint for measuring the success of Webex in all customer segments, along with the mechanisms required to ensure we are listening to customers, the sales field, and partners as we engage in competitive engagements across the globe. As a member of senior leadership team, you will be the voice of the competitive landscape to the company, and will define and recommend GTM strategies, and tactics to keep Webex one step ahead. You will also define recommendations for structured customer campaigns and offers to drive migration and adoption from competitive platforms. In addition, your broader team will own
- Advising the executive team on product and go to market strategy
- Work with the field teams on how to contend with Microsoft, Zoom, and others
- Provide competitive analysis on collaboration, contact center, "call control" markets, and others to be determined.
- Help devise a strategy for working with industry analysts and consultants.
- Assistance with marketing for the press & analyst that follow UC&C and contact center and help to position Cisco to improve exposure.
- Look for strategic partnership and acquisition opportunities
- Provide industry feedback and insight
- Participate in Cisco events
- Participate in strategy meetings and discussions
Who You'll Work With
The global Webex sales and marketing teams. The global engineering teams. External press, analysts, and customers.
Who You Are
A self-starter. A top-tier executive. A builder, an operator, a futurist, and a polisher. You have a consistent record in business development, product management, and product marketing, and have also shown your skills as a credible spokesperson with customers, partners and influencers. You are able to see the forest from the trees and have the ability to translate and filter research and takeaways from numerous sources into impactful plans that deliver immediate results.
- 15 -20 years of proven leadership in the world of high tech where you have competed with well recognized, market leaders.
- MBA or technical degree would be higher desired
- Experience as a leader in Sales Field readiness or sales operations
- Experienced in influencing or working directly with analyst.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!