About the job
AppDynamics is an application performance monitoring solution that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time visibility and insight into IT environments. With our unique AIOps solution, you can take the right action at exactly the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of your entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds. Using AppDynamics, you’ll finally align IT, DevOps, and the business around the information that helps you protect your bottom line and deliver delightful customer experiences at scale. For more information, visit
About The Role
The AIOPs platform is the key foundation for Appdynamics’s transformation into a leader in the Observability market. You will be key leader in accelerating Appdynamics’s journey. You will be responsible for the strategy and roadmap for the Data platform and drive Build/Buy/Partner decisions. You will develop plans for offering the platform to external customers & internal customers including service definition, monetization & go-to-market strategy in partnership with engineering, pricing & product marketing. You would guide a team of rockstar PMs in working with engineering on initiative planning, feature prioritization, day-day execution & development of services.
Product strategy Distilling customer and market requirements into use-cases and developing the long-term vision and strategy
Competitive analysis Define market leading differentiators for the platform based on completive analysis & customer feedback
Cross-team leadership Coordinate & lead initiatives across multiple squads to realize product vision.
Contribute to the overall roadmap for the AIOPs platform & lead initiatives outside of core responsibility areas
You have a passion for building products that lead to customer delight. You combine strong customer empathy with a results-oriented clarity on trade-offs required to deliver products iteratively. You have experience in defining the product strategy for scalable systems that serve multiple use-cases. You have got strong technical skills and work collaboratively together with senior engineering leaders, architects and customers.
We are looking for someone that has
- BS/MS in Computer Science, MBA preferable
- 10-12 years of experience in a Product Management role, with several years of leading PMs
- Experience with using Data, AI/ML in building enterprise SaaS offerings including knowledge of public cloud services such as AWS, Azure, GCP
- Ability to be a change-maker & drive the organization forward in the adoption of new platforms
- Ability to communicate and translate technical issues for business users as well engage & lead architecture & design discussions with engineering architects
- Works well with peers and team members both inside and outside of the assigned area of responsibility
We know that the award-winning culture at AppDynamics is something to brag about, but here are more reasons that make get us out of bed every morning, like
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- 401k match (4.5%)
- Wellness perks (gym, hobbies, education, store discounts, personal finance)
- 4 weeks PTO, 5 days VTO, 14 holidays (including 1 birthday PTO and 1 floating holiday)
- Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, and all the snacks, fruits and drinks your heart desires, monthly happy hour events, and weekly massages
- Brand-new state of the art office in downtown San Francisco, centrally located near BART, Caltrain, Muni, the ferry, and a bike share station
- Free shuttle service and pre-tax commuter benefits
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.